Archinect
anchor

Want to move to Canada

aishasiddiqaoishi

I'm doing my B.Arch, Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) Part 1. But I want to move to Canada. Can I do Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) part II there after completing LAM part 1? 

Would my LAM part 1 be recognised by Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) as I'm planning to practice and live in Canada after completing my M.Arch there?

Last question, can you recommend any university in Canada according to my condition? 

Apr 21, 21 7:22 pm
Non Sequitur

There are no recognized professional arch programs in Malaysia as per the CACB's Canberra Accord.  If you want your current degree to count towards a Canadian license, then you need to look at  this (https://cacb.ca/academic-certi...) and see if your current M.arch curriculum complies.

Otherwise, you really have two choices.  The first is to complete a CACB accredited M.arch degree.  This includes Canadian, US, Mexico, and Canberra Accord schools.  2 to 3 year M.arch from Canadian schools here: https://cacb.ca/accredited-pro...

The other option is to enroll in the RAIC Syllabus program.  It's not a formal degree since it's mostly self-guided and taught under the helpful eye of RAIC volunteers.  Process is 7 to 10 years from start to finish but it is expected that you work in an arch office full time while you complete it.

A third, long shot option is CACB's BEFA program (https://befa-aeve.ca/eligibili...).  Just note that this is for foreign licensed architects with a minimum of 7 year post graduation experience and is a costly/lengthy process.  

Apr 21, 21 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

and at the end you'll have to; name the starting line up of the

Apr 22, 21 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

sorry, have to name the starting line up of the 67' montreal canadians, three tragically hip songs, definition of the word toque and name all 22 words the inuit have for snow!

Apr 22, 21 4:40 pm  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

Whistler, those are the themes of each of the 4 Canadian arch licencing exams.

Apr 22, 21 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip

You forgot about the question about the different grades of maple syrup

Apr 22, 21 5:06 pm  · 
1  · 
whistler

bonus question(s);what is the definition of term getting "jerseyed' in a hockey game, who hit the game winning home run for the Toronto blue Jays to win the 93' World Series, easy one....who scored the last second shot to advance the Raptors to the NBA finals over the 76r's

Apr 22, 21 5:07 pm  · 
1  · 
whistler

Almosthip.... I kid you not but we actually have a Maple Syrup Still / Sugar shack at our family cottage..... and it's going down right now!.. well pretty much wrapped up for the season.

Apr 22, 21 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip

mmmmmm maple syrup. It what i miss the most living in northern alberta.

Apr 22, 21 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip

Oh also The RAIC Syllabus, although not a formal degree, it is a RAIC Professional Diploma in Architecture - accepted by the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) as having achieved the performance standards required for certification.

Apr 22, 21 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Ahip, yes, technically but what I meant was that it is not like a typical university or college degree. I am not sure you can come here on a student visa and do the syllabus.

Apr 22, 21 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: