Archinect
anchor

New Macbook M1 Processor?

conceptuarch

Ok so those are my current specs, I'm really considering getting a new laptop because I've had this one for a while and it's on the fritz.  I posted a while back about Windows laptops recommendations but, I'm super hesitant to make that switch because of the hassle involved.  Does anyone have experience with the new macbooks with the all new M1 processors from Apple?  Can they do what you need them to do? (I'm a grad student and so far my main hurdle with my computer has been the graphics card and the kinda slow processor)  Tech is definitely not in my wheelhouse so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nov 22, 20 7:28 pm
Jaetten

What do you intend to use the machine for?

Nov 23, 20 5:09 am  · 
 · 
Jaetten

Just checked with Autodesk, if you're using AutoCAD then don't upgrade, not yet compatible with M1 chips.

Nov 23, 20 5:31 am  · 
 · 
conceptuarch

Yeah :( I was reading about all these compatibility issues with Rhino, AutoCAD etc.

Nov 23, 20 9:41 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

If you own an Intel-based Mac, start saving up for a new machine!  Then start saving for all new software!    Planned obsolescence is a b*tch!

Thanks Apple!

Nov 23, 20 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
vikkibendell

Macbooks are the best computers to use, in my opinion. They are easy to use, very practical, and just a great overall machine. But when it comes to repairs, I've been through a lot. My Macbook began to overheat in high school, and it would shut off randomly. I took it to an Apple store, where they told me they could fix it for $300 because they would have to replace the logic board. That seems like a lot of money just to replace one part! Anyway, I found an apple repairs Poole that fixed the problem for 100$.

Jun 22, 22 3:58 pm  · 
isabellaavaa

What processor does M1 MacBook have?
Apple M1
General information
Product code M1: APL1102 M1 Pro: APL1103 M1 Max: APL1105 M1 Ultra: APL1W06
Performance
Max. CPU clock rate 3.2 GHz
Cache

Oct 17, 22 7:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: