Archinect
anchor

Why do we love engineering so much?

JawkneeMusic

The answer is "It's cool" but it must go farther than that, but it's all I can come up with.

I get the same satisfaction with inventing or a shred guitar riff, but only by those 3 things

Jul 23, 20 12:19 am
Non Sequitur

I don’t think you can “come up” with much in anything. 

Jul 23, 20 8:18 am  · 
2  · 
atelier nobody

Umm, we don't - that's why we're architects, not engineers.

Jul 23, 20 6:07 pm  · 
1  · 
mightyaa

I would slightly rephrase Atelier... we’re architects with engineering skills.  So we do are little architectural tricks knowing the engineering and physics will work.  Engineers understand the physics, but struggle to go beyond that to achieve a style or aesthetic impact.  We understand the physics of this, and the aesthethic whereas a engineer might just be content with a dome..

Jul 23, 20 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

because the obey us

Jul 23, 20 7:02 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

Sometimes I do love what engineering can do, but only under proper supervision!

Jul 24, 20 3:15 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Why is the sky green?

Jul 24, 20 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

why did @McKaylaMaroney get a restraining order against you?

Jul 24, 20 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

?

· 
Non Sequitur

JK’s twitter account is serial killer crazy level stalker for the US gymnast.

· 
randomised

that's creepy...

but also, how do you know that ;-)

· 
Non Sequitur

Wanker posted his real name a While back... likely in a comment that was nuked and I have a good memory.

1  · 
natematt

Based on the posts I've seen on here, I think he must have mistook her for an engineer....

2  · 
apscoradiales

you may love engineering; I don't particulalrly.

engineers are necessary evil in building things - that's how I see it

Jul 25, 20 10:57 am  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

I love engineering, because if it weren't for engineers I would have to draw my own wiring diagrams, and write my own specs for things like ductwork insulation and pipe identification signage, and I don't want to do those things.

If you're looking for more than that level of appreciation for engineering, I would guess there are forums for engineers, somewhere.

Jul 25, 20 12:14 pm  · 
2  · 
JawkneeMusic

oh

Jul 25, 20 6:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: