Archinect
anchor

What's in your serial cue?

This thread is about television series that you are watching and why you are watching them. If you really want to get get into the weeds, we can always bicker about which is more impactful as a public medium - television or film (television). If you want just movies (sci fi movies), you can go here.

Jul 2, 20 5:10 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

Columbo, early seasons, some kickin' architecture, and design.

Jul 2, 20 5:32 pm  · 
2  · 

Your cable box stuck on A&E?

Jul 2, 20 5:37 pm  · 
3  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Naw, I'm watching it through Amazon Prime, it's great background for working.

Jul 2, 20 6:04 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Absolutely Columbo, though my hunch is you're too young to've seen them first-run. Because every villain was wealthy, the houses used were all big and often interesting-- even the traditional ones. And so much location-shooting in that era meant fascinating scenes all over the damned city, from Skid Row to the beach to the Valley. Basically, Banham's Four Ecologies but with actors. (See also The Rockford Files.)

Jul 2, 20 7:06 pm  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Yeah, I would have been five when they first hit the television.

Jul 2, 20 7:15 pm  · 
 · 

Two of my fondest television memories involve watching Columbo drive while adjusting the mirror and tricking a “genius” into confession.

Jul 2, 20 7:41 pm  · 
3  · 
citizen

But stay away from that second run of the show from the '90s. It is so bad.

Jul 2, 20 8:39 pm  · 
3  · 

did not imagine you as a Columbo guy, you flick your nose and ears and stuff on construction sites when you figure out waterproofing issues?

Jul 2, 20 11:06 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

The killer in one episode was an architect trying to bury the body in a massive concrete footing just before the pour. Lots of scenes in the dusty excavation pit, and of course the bad guy murdered the victim for failure to finance his 'city of tomorrow' idea, or something.

Jul 3, 20 12:29 am  · 
1  · 

I always imagined the above could happen to a Hampton Peter Cook. This one. not this one.the sir

Jul 3, 20 12:42 am  · 
1  · 

Recently I've enjoyed Homecoming season 2. Originally drawn to it because it's based on a podcast I liked, from a couple years ago. Directed by Sam Esmail, a clear disciple of Kubrick in his camera work, so that also drew me in. Great acting by Janelle Monae and Chris Cooper. 

Also really enjoyed Devs. Years and Years was great too. 

Jul 2, 20 5:41 pm  · 
4  · 
gwharton

Finished Bosch, which is great. Working my way through Yellowstone right now. The Last Kingdom is next.

Jul 2, 20 5:45 pm  · 
1  · 
liberty bell

Bosch is good. Husband just finished the entire run.

Jul 3, 20 9:01 am  · 
1  · 
gwharton

The latest season was a little weak, but it's a great show all around. The books are good too. If your husband liked Bosch, he might like Longmire and Yellowstone too.

Jul 3, 20 10:56 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

One of my classmates from undergrad was a guest star on an episode of longmire. Matters not to the world, but it's the only episode I've watched.

Jul 6, 20 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

I've started season three of Dark.

Finished Marcella season three recently, and it has me wondering about the portrayal of women as leads in British television series selected by Netflix (see also Dr. Foster). 

And a bunch more.

Next going back to Tales from the Loop for academic reasons...

Jul 2, 20 6:07 pm  · 
5  · 
Non Sequitur

Hockey playoffs will be starting soon... that's what's cued up for me.

Jul 2, 20 7:40 pm  · 
3  ·  1
b3tadine[sutures]

get da fuck outa here, eh.

Jul 2, 20 7:46 pm  · 
Non Sequitur

hey, both hub cities are expected to be in canada, so... there. We're better, QED.

Jul 2, 20 7:58 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Not to ruin anything for you, Non, but I hear the smart money's on the angry white guys with the broken noses and missing teeth.

Jul 2, 20 8:42 pm  · 
2  · 
Almosthip

Cup finale is going to be in my back yard..... Go Leafs Go !! I may live in Oil country but its a Leafs nation!

Jul 7, 20 6:44 pm  · 
Non Sequitur

Booooooo Toronto.

Jul 7, 20 8:16 pm  · 
Almosthip7

Boo toilet seats

Jul 7, 20 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

toilet seats? Flames, Habs? logos sorta look like wc seats. if so, then yes, boo those teams too.

edit. my team failed to hit either of no1&2 draft pics this year even thought they had the best odds.

Jul 7, 20 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

Ewww red wings

Jul 7, 20 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

what? hellls no. take that back!

Jul 7, 20 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

Never! Leafs forever!

Jul 7, 20 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

yes, I hear that's been their slogan for a while... forever without a cup.

Jul 7, 20 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

Haha gotta love hockey banter. Now we just need some hockey!!

Jul 8, 20 9:07 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Glad to see another wing fan! hasnt been easy lately

Jul 9, 20 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^i only cared for wings for a small portion of one season a while back when my team’s beloved captain signed there.

Jul 9, 20 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

Barf. Has Ottawa ever beaten TO when it matters?

Jul 9, 20 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Still ridding those early 2000s playoff 1st round win? Not much to be proud off there for ya.

Jul 9, 20 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip

I got this season to start with which is more than you can say

Jul 10, 20 10:37 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I have to recommend "Little America" it's on Apple TV, but if you want to  see America through the eyes of immigrants, it's really quite up-lifting.

Jul 2, 20 7:48 pm  · 
1  · 

Like NS looking forward to a sport - God's Sport - NCAA BCS College Football (assuming it happens), granted they should defund it and fund you know - college professors to help young architects become licensed...

anyway, Teen Titans (watching with kids of course, I can't comadeer the TV in this house), good shit, example...

Jul 2, 20 11:09 pm  · 
2  · 
shellarchitect

Have you seen the "night begins to shine" episodes ? Awesome!

Jul 9, 20 8:32 pm  · 
 · 

I am familiar but prefer the episodes that sneak in educational crap, like above or the Sharing Economy one.

Jul 11, 20 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I just started Dark due to a recommendation on TC.

I post this next bit carefully, because I don’t want to get into flaming debates when this thread is about leisure time. But I encourage everyone to watch some shows that are labeled as “shows for women”.  For example, Big Little Lies. The first season has some of the best acting I have ever seen. I watched it on my own at first and my husband was quickly drawn into it because the performances are just so damn good. It just happens to be that the majority of characters are women. Not quite as stellar but also tremendous performances in Dead To Me. Both of these shows were better in season one and season two, but still enjoyable.

Also, Sex Education. If you are fairly open in discussing healthy sex with your teenagers it’s a good one to watch with them.

Jul 3, 20 9:09 am  · 
1  · 
liberty bell

Edit above to say better in season one THAN in season two.

Jul 3, 20 9:09 am  · 
 · 

​Strangely, for some of us this thread isn't about leisure time​- but self imposed work torture. I'm envious of many of you because you can pick a series just because it looks "interesting."​

Jul 3, 20 9:55 am  · 
1  · 

marc, clarify? You'd on assignment with TV series?

Jul 5, 20 8:47 am  · 
 · 

My research is about perceptions of landscape on television given that the Netflix cue has quietly replaced the salon wall as a means of conveying culture- quietly translating cultural and politics as related to the environment. Arguably TV started to have in impact starting in the early ‘60’s and has been evolving. The downside of all this is that my television viewing has been become more specific.

Jul 5, 20 9:46 am  · 
3  · 

interesting research. any differences between decades in perception or presentation? You say starting in 60's vs say the 90's? of course if this part of a paper, etc...no worries. just asking.

Jul 5, 20 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

Good question. 

The immediate answer is “yes,” given how pervasive the medium has become (taken for granted). So if you look at Silent Spring in ‘63, there have been a lot of developments in science and perceptions of the environment, especially after 1972. So how all this plays out in popular media is interesting i what I’m curious about.

Jul 6, 20 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

any McLuhan in this research? the 90's I think would be interesting as Netscape (graphic interface) on the web, maybe it affected screen (TV)?

Jul 7, 20 6:19 pm  · 
 · 

A little McLuhan, but more on some people that were making the argument that public moments on media were social binders. We share the experience together in the moment despite being in separate spaces. The make argument that the FDR’s fireside chats are some of the earliest examples.

Jul 9, 20 9:33 pm  · 
 · 

who are the some people? Sounds like, maybe an embodiement in connection with streamed information and how it was felt/read/received differently. Sounds interesting.

Jul 11, 20 8:19 am  · 
 · 

Stanley Cavell, but more so Daniel Dayan David Michael Ryfe right now.

Jul 11, 20 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

Stanley sounds interesting may have to get a few books (much to my wife's dismay). What about Paul Virilio and Henri Bergson (old school on film)? I remember that was required a lot in my reading of architecture and this future we're in or were in...which reminds me - City of Bits (probably off topic) - William Mitchell. Sounds fun and good luck!

Jul 11, 20 3:50 pm  · 
 · 

Not so concerned with the old guard because they were focused on film. I'm more curious about world building and sustained story telling instead of the image as driver. I'll check out Mitchell. Almost confused him for another William Mitchell (Landscape and Power) that is on my list.

Jul 11, 20 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

this link may come in handy -

I distinctly remember downloading the PDF version of City of Bits...and then of course printing it,haha

Jul 12, 20 4:55 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

I was at that talk. He gave us a lot to think about.

Jul 12, 20 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Brockmire is completely inappropriate, but done with tongue firmly planted in cheek. The final season is weird, wild, and dumb in an Idiocracy way. At the same time, and I don't know how they did this, because it was filmed in 2019, but completely of this moment.

Jul 3, 20 2:59 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Yes. And here's hoping that more folks recognize irony and satire for what they are, and not feel the need to launch a warhead every time they're encountered.

Jul 5, 20 3:23 pm  · 
1  · 

reality is inappropriate...now I have to check this out.

Jul 5, 20 3:50 pm  · 
 · 

Dammit-

The NYTimes is making me watch Grand Designs again (et al)-

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/arts/television/grand-designs-stream-netflix.html?referringSource=articleShare

Jul 5, 20 9:48 am  · 
1  · 
liberty bell

Also I loved Space Force. John Malkovich is clearly having a blast.

Jul 5, 20 10:06 am  · 
1  · 
Almosthip

It was good at the start but got real dumb quickly

Jul 7, 20 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Is a serial cue anything like a cereal queue? Asking for a friend. 

Jul 6, 20 9:22 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Is this the friend?

Jul 7, 20 8:29 pm  · 
1  · 
Volunteer

Well, that would be a cereal cue.

Jul 8, 20 10:11 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Wow, tough room!6-Pack Cereal Boxes Puzzles: Set of six cereal-themed puzzles.

Jul 9, 20 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I have a long list of craft brews to drink.  Does that count?

Jul 6, 20 9:30 am  · 
1  · 
Volunteer

That would be a brew queue.

Jul 6, 20 9:57 am  · 
 · 
archinine
Snowfall, but not for background noise. For that usually go with that 70’s show or Seinfeld
Jul 7, 20 5:20 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I've simply lost track of what to watch, it's just too much. I also simply don't find time anymore to watch, it's work, dinner, putting kids to bath and bed, nap in their bed, bit more work adjacent stuff and going to bed. If only my commute would be longer, could really get into watching something on the train, hate this wfh!

Nothing lined up but the occasional MasterChef Australia and still trying to make it through Handmaid's Tale...but the recovery time after each episode is just too long to really get momentum, not even halfway season 2. Tried Ricky Gervais' After Life but the 2nd season feels like Groundhog Day. Luckily the 3yr old loves David Attenborough, so watching lots of nature documentaries like Dynasties or Our Planet, don't mind watching those on repeat. We're now very much into Dynasties - episode 1 Chimpanzee, at least twice a week.

Jul 7, 20 5:51 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

unsolved mysteries was meh.  One of the best shows ever was ‘Rectify’.   I was addicted to that show.  It’s on Netflix.  Definitely check it out if you haven’t yet.   

Jul 7, 20 8:24 pm  · 
1  · 
gwharton

I watched Rectify on this recommendation. It was really good. Amazing acting and powerful content. But it is a bit harrowing and intense. Not light fare, if that's what you're looking for.

Jul 31, 20 3:48 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

The scenes inside prison were terrifying.

Oct 13, 20 12:58 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Binged the new season of Hanna the other day. Got a few episodes in to Warrior Nun - didn't really grab me, but probably good enough to finish the season some time when there's nothing else to watch.

Looking forward to new season of the Umbrella Academy. Definitely watching the Old Guard tomorrow.

Jul 9, 20 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

OMG I don’t know if anyone else is watching Perry Mason but it is so good! Beautifully filmed perfectly paced. Gorgeous.

Jul 28, 20 8:49 pm  · 
2  · 
liberty bell

Hello. HUNTERS is really good, and excellent historic production design. Spot all the Farrah Fawcett images!

Jul 30, 20 10:38 pm  · 
 · 

Japan Sinks 2020 is a disarming piece of animation. Totally not what I expected, and certainly not for kids. The last episode was a cute and convenient, but the rest...

Jul 31, 20 11:13 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

These two.

Jul 31, 20 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

Will is doing a great job here (far better than then Gotti shit show!, like good writing and directing...)

Aug 1, 20 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Black Earth Rising

Aug 1, 20 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You guys!!!!! Lovecraft Country starts in one week and I’m sooooooooooo excited! I LOVED the book, it’s dense and dark, and the critics so far - I found a twitter thread of Black reviewers - have all said its dark and terrifying and beautiful and a work of art, yay I can’t wait!!

Aug 8, 20 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

it’s not its dangit.

Aug 8, 20 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Uum, Lovecraft County, anyone?! It’s SO rich, and gorgeous, and painful and dark. Uggggggh so good. Hard to wait a week for the next one!

Aug 17, 20 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

OMG GOLIATH SEASON 3 STARTS WITH DEATH BY SINKHOLE MY WORST FEAR AAAAAAGH

Aug 29, 20 10:01 pm  · 
 · 

Is *anyone* else watching Lovecraft Country? It's so amazing. Gorgeously filmed, complex.

Aug 31, 20 10:13 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

I think it's going in our queue. Will report back when/if we watch it!

Aug 31, 20 10:26 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

We finally took a long enough break from camping to finish Perry Mason this week. What a great season! Smart writing, stellar acting, beautiful set & costume design. Just - cannot praise that show enough. 

I said this before elsewhere but right before watching Perry we watched Penny Dreadful:City of Angels, and Mason absolutely nailed everything we were hoping City of Angels would be. City of Angels was, sadly, a massive disappointment. Not sure if anyone else watched both, but it would make a great comparative media essay.

Aug 31, 20 10:30 pm  · 
2  · 
liberty bell

I loved Sister’s hair, especially.

Sep 14, 20 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

OMG Lovecraft Country gets better and better, so complex and dark. And I admit I’m *really* enjoying NOT bingeing it, just taking a deep satisfying drink every week.

Sep 14, 20 10:44 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

Dirk Gently is a fun show. Could use a tad less manic BBC tropes, but I really like Elijah Wood, and he grounds it enough to enjoy the story.

Sep 15, 20 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

More of fan of the 2010 version.

https://www.dailymotion.com/vi...

Sep 15, 20 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Is it the same plot? Sorry, in a meeting so can't watch, thanks for the rec, we'll probably hit that up.

Sep 15, 20 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Finished watching The Bay this week, only 5 or 6 episodes, had a bit of a Broadchurch feel to it, topic and location wise. Predictable at times but still okay  enough to watch.

Sep 15, 20 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

raised by wolves and the vow

Sep 15, 20 2:11 pm  · 
1  · 

Been watching "Line of Duty" on amazon recently. One of the things I'm finding most interesting is the difference in British cop dramas and US cop dramas. In the US dramas the tension builds until some type of gun fight or shootout. In British dramas, at least this one, the tension builds until there is some type of standoff over a conference room table citing legal procedures. I know that doesn't sound interesting, but it really is. Also, the guns are there too, but interesting to see how differently they are handled both figuratively and literally. 

A lot of the story is predictable, but there is usually at least one or two things each episode that make me and my wife think "WTF!" which has been refreshing.

Sep 15, 20 2:29 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

That show is entertaining, the further you go the more plot twists that it becomes a bit gimmicky though when the seasons progress, but I enjoyed the acting so far. Just started watching “Des” about a British serial killer in the early 80s, great cast (David Tennant among others) and feel for the era, everybody smokes and the cars are boxy as they should be.

Sep 16, 20 2:30 am  · 
 · 

Padma Lakshmi's 'Taste The Nation'.

I'd been intrigued by the ads, then my wife got me hooked one night. Really dig it's exploration of the contribution of immigrants to "American" cuisine and the illustration of the centrality of immigration to the greater, American experience.

Oct 4, 20 12:24 am  · 
1  · 

Just started Amazon’s version of Utopia. First impressions-  gratuitous sugary surrealism.

Oct 4, 20 9:30 am  · 
1  · 
x-jla

I just started watching it.

Oct 13, 20 12:53 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Pretty good visually, but the story was kind of predictable

Oct 27, 20 11:42 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I'm gonna throw my hat on Ted Lasso. It's not terrible deep, but it is funny, and very sweet. Something in short supply.

Oct 4, 20 9:59 am  · 
 · 

Husband is currently enjoying Ted Lasso. It does sound very sweet from the bits I catch of it.

Oct 27, 20 8:57 am  · 
 · 
citizen

I'm intrigued by the marketing for NeXt starting this week.  John Slattery is in it, whom I like.  No queueing though, since it's on good, old-fashioned, broadcast television.

Oct 4, 20 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

OK. It’s stupid. It’s SO BAD. It’s like an ‘80s after-school special. But I am loooooving watching Cobra Kai! My son enjoys critiquing the ridiculous (and occasionally good!) karate moves and I love the 80s vibes and moral ambiguity!

Oct 9, 20 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Am watching The Vow right now, that is some sick  shit...very disturbing.

Oct 10, 20 4:18 am  · 
2  · 
JLC-1

Raniere is really a sick mofo, but the bronfmans are evil.....

Oct 13, 20 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

I watched the Vow. Now just finished Escaping NXIVM podcast. It's a good deep dive if you're curious and want to know more. I liked that they included more about the business side not just the disturbing stuff. Still had to pace it out though. Yikes.

Oct 27, 20 9:49 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I can’t believe no one else here is watching Lovecraft Country?!?! No one?!?!?

Oct 12, 20 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Throw in a few more punctuation marks and I just might consider it, Donna ;O]

Oct 12, 20 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

It's up next on my cue. This week.

Oct 12, 20 8:42 pm  · 
1  · 
liberty bell

You are ROBBING YOURSELF if you don’t watch it.

Oct 12, 20 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Marc you are in for an EMOTIONAL WEEK prepare yourself. It’s uneven but OMG.

Oct 12, 20 9:13 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

I love cosmic horror. I don't love feeling like shit.

Oct 12, 20 10:09 pm  · 
1  · 

24 minutes in and I'm way more curious about HBO's long game right now. Lovecraft and Watchmen are so clearly grounded in early 20th century American history that is often overlooked I want to know more.

Oct 12, 20 11:35 pm  · 
4  · 

Marc, I'm loving the focus on history that has been quashed. Appreciate that HBO is doing this. Husband and son loved Watchmen and from what I could see it really focused on the Tulsa riots - Lovecraft doesn't get heavily into Tulsa til later in the series, but it's worth it.

Oct 13, 20 10:18 am  · 
2  · 

SneakyPete, why "feeling like shit"? I'm assuming you mean because white people in the USA have done/do horrible things? I mean, I'm definitely, through really well-made and compelling stories like these, becoming more aware of my own complicity and while it doesn't feel good to feel bad it definitely feels better to be knowledgeable than ignorant.

Oct 13, 20 10:20 am  · 
3  · 
SneakyPete

Yes. I agree. I'm still a flawed human, though.

Oct 13, 20 11:45 am  · 
1  · 

We all are.

Oct 13, 20 12:22 pm  · 
3  · 

I've watched 1-4, and... meh. I'd go back to Watchmen which is nowhere near as over the top but makes equally compelling challenges to comic book canon.

Oct 16, 20 9:37 pm  · 
1  · 
liberty bell

Ok, but watch episode 5, first, before you abandon it. Although if you didn’t like Us or Get Out then maybe it’s just not your thing, which is fine.

Oct 16, 20 10:37 pm  · 
 · 

Haven't gotten to Us yet, but even Get Out was not a sugary with the drama. I think as a serial it's a little too episodic. Like we never see other references to Gordon Parks in the construction of the place (or in characters). Also the story line is a little jumpy... But I'l keep with it.

Oct 16, 20 10:44 pm  · 
1  · 

The Afrofuturism episode was interesting, but way out of sync with core of the series. It's as if they were worried there wouldn't be season to come back to and had to jam everything in.

Oct 27, 20 11:50 am  · 
1  · 

Agreed, Marc. That was my least favorite episode and was *vastly* different from the book version of it, of which Hippolyta's journey is one of the best sequences.

Oct 28, 20 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

FARGO YOU GUYS

Oct 14, 20 10:44 am  · 
1  · 
x-jla

Just started watching “Queen’s Gambit” so far really good. 

Oct 27, 20 1:23 am  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

İt's fucking awesome.

Oct 27, 20 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

That Freddie Mercury biopic?

Oct 27, 20 9:23 pm  · 
2  · 
x-jla

It’s a new Netflix miniseries about a young chess prodigy in the 1960’s who learns to play from a janitor in her orphanage. It’s so well done, and the acting, is just great.

Oct 28, 20 12:46 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I like that it's a limited series, which is really just another way of saying a seven hour movie. There are some problems, but overall, it's just a beautifully constructed series. The best one Netflix has done thus far.

Oct 28, 20 8:31 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Tough room.

Oct 28, 20 1:39 pm  · 
2  · 

Yeah, you need to lean into the mic a bit more and improve the drum roll.

Oct 28, 20 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

badum tish!

Oct 28, 20 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Not a series, but just watched The Invisible Man last night.  Pretty good, except for some missing detail that would've held it together more tightly.

And the excellent Elisabeth Moss is/ was/ will be an architect.  

Nov 21, 20 5:29 pm  · 
1  · 

Ugh I *don't like* Elisabeth Moss. Something about her gives me the creeps. But if she's an architect maybe I can watch her? I'm torn.

Nov 22, 20 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

She must be a landscape architect...

Nov 22, 20 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

It's a little strange as a plot point. She's obviously in her late 30s, and goes on a job interview with a big, sexy firm (called Ruler, no less).  She almost seems like a young intern in the way she relates.  It probably makes sense in the battered-woman context. 

Of course her psychotic, invisible ex has ruined her portfolio and drugged her so she passes out.  Don't you hate it when that happens?

Nov 22, 20 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

started watching rich white people’s problems in New York: The Undoing and Succession...so far the scenery is great!

Nov 22, 20 2:57 am  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

Im loving the 3rd season of Succession....

Dec 7, 21 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

if you haven’t seen Maniac with Jonah Hill and Emma Stone....it’s great. Came out a few years ago, rewatching it with my wife who never saw it.  

Nov 22, 20 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Alien Worlds on Netflix is ammmmaaaaazzzzziiiiiiinnnnnnnggggg!

Dec 3, 20 10:55 am  · 
 · 

We just finished Wayne. Absolutely delightful. So metal.

Dec 10, 20 12:18 pm  · 
1  · 

Starting the Mandalorian soon- only because of this drawing

Dec 10, 20 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

What is this, Marc? It's beautiful, and I think I know what it is but not sure.

Dec 11, 20 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

The Mandalorian is a blast. Literal space western, and while there's a thru-arc it's much more of an "adventure of the week!" type episodic show than most television being made today, which is refreshing.

Dec 11, 20 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

We are also really enjoying it! Friday night routine in my household lately is pizza+Mando.

Dec 11, 20 1:17 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

Similar but our night is Sunday.

Dec 11, 20 1:18 pm  · 
 · 

Donna, that's the stage for filming at ILM Stagecraft. Three huge 270 degree LED environments that are used to project the scene backgrounds (and mid ground). Image for reference just in case...

How 'The Mandalorian' and ILM invisibly reinvented film and TV production |  TechCrunch

Dec 11, 20 1:25 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

I want that drawing for my office!

Dec 11, 20 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Can you buy the print?

Dec 11, 20 5:25 pm  · 
 · 

The Madalorian eventually wore on me once I started seeing more and more of the seams between stage and screen in the volume.

Dec 22, 20 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

HOLY HELL you guys BACURAU! So freaking weird and great. Not a series, a movie, but holy hell!!

Dec 31, 20 9:52 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: