Parasite *spoiler alert*

drums please, Fab?

Discuss!

Jan 5, 20 8:44 pm
drums please, Fab?

good article about the modern house set:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019...

it's about LEVELS, man!

I wish I could find a still of the grifter family under the coffee table, because that's it in a condensed sort of way: people compressed at the lower level, trapped by those above (in this case on the sofa).

Jan 6, 20 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

communication is another interesting topic and the devolution depicted herein.  you get the grifter family stealing wifi at the very beginning, then the TB housekeeper whose hubby is hiding below the basement and her use of the intercom/video to get in to get food to her hubby, and finally the use of morse code the hidden hubby uses by tapping the light seen in the photo above.

you could take any number of themes and write all sorts of symbolic 10th grade essays on this film.  great stuff!

Jan 6, 20 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

Bong Joon-ho said this is his 'stairway' movie.  So true!

who knew there would be an additional stairway below the basement OMG!?!  Upstairs/Downstairs but a hidden down to stairs below the downstairs ... the HELL?!?

how could the housekeeper's husband live/hide like that?

Jan 13, 20 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Koww

i  wonder if the screenplay is available somewhere

Jan 14, 20 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i don't Know, Koww

do you think the plumbs in the containers in the sliding wall in the basement in the house in the movie were a metafor phor the housekeeper's husband locked away i.e. LITERALLY contained in the hidden basement in the house in the movie?

well do ya, punk?!?

Jan 20, 20 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

many clues/examples of containers as you descend

containers contained!

i wish i could find a still of the housekeeper when she's trying to push open the sliding door

Jan 20, 20 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
Koww

^

Jan 20, 20 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THE PUPPIES?!?

clearly a setup for Parasite 2: Eclectic Doggieloo

Jan 20, 20 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

*SPOILER ALERT*

buzzfeed's running out of lists!

15 "Parasite" Details That'll Make You Say, "How Did I Not Notice That?"

*SPOILER ALERT*

Feb 4, 20 6:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: