Archinect
anchor

Help identifying arc compass brand

otterbyte

Hello,

I was hoping the collective expertise of this forum would have an answer to my question.

I have a nice bow compass that I’ve had for years - not sure of its provenance, my parents bought it for me when I was young. I found it today among some mementos I was organizing and I’d love to use it again, but it’s missing the small screws that secure the point and lead.

If I could figure out the brand, perhaps I could order replacement parts. The side of one arm is engraved with a “V” in a horizontal diamond and the word, Germany. If anyone recognizes the brand and could point me in the right direction, I’d really appreciate it! Link to pictures is below. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/nnnyZgy/

Aug 23, 19 11:32 am
3tk

Looks similar to the Alvin logo, though might be a smaller company.  Given the metric system, perhaps a screw from an alvin might work?  If you have a stationary store nearby, perhaps you could ask to try and see if it fits.

Aug 23, 19 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: