Archinect
anchor

Quick M.Sc. Portfolio critique?

Pandekage

Recent M.Sc graduate, with an updated portfolio with thesis work. As such still very much academic in scope. Critique in regards to anything, from layout to content to design, would be very much appreciated!

https://issuu.com/mklau/docs/m...

May 16, 19 5:34 pm
Anon_grad2.0

the content isn’t bad, but the organization could use a touch up. 

You have some great spreads, like pages 4-5, with good balance of white space/images  

Then you have spreads that feel cluttered, like you just threw everything you had on a sheet, see page 8. 

I’d suggest taking a cue from some of your “lighter” spreads and find some way of mediating between the two. 

I’m a huge fan of using full bleed images. 

Why can’t you make images (like the one on page 2) full bleed, instead of placing an image with a white border. Not a major issue, I feel it would make for better presentation though. Just a thought. 

Lastly, I like what you’ve done with typography. Most people overlook this part of a portfolio. My only criticism is the use of cyan as a font color. I feel it gets lost in the white background, making t hard to read. Maybe use a bolder color. The Pantone color of the year is pretty catchy. It might read better...again personal preference. 

Overall, not a bad attempt. 

May 16, 19 9:22 pm
mszczere
A bit clumsy, don’t try to show every element about every project you’ve done. Let your images breathe, white space is your friend. Less is more
May 17, 19 2:40 pm
stanislavmilchev

I would like to add to those replies a thing about your renders/collages.

In ArchViz your verticals should be vertical (2 point perspective instead of 3 point)

May 17, 19 3:06 pm
Pandekage

Hey all, thanks for the feedback. I revised it a bit, esp. the full bleed images and better organization, here's the updated Portfolio link:

https://issuu.com/mklau/docs/m...

Any critical feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

Jun 5, 19 2:36 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: