Archinect
anchor

Internship : Jean Nouvel or Sou Fujimoto ?

Kienai

Good morning,

If you had to choose an 6-month internship between these two offices, where would you go?

This is the Sou Fujimoto agency in Paris. My choice leans towards this one, but I would like to have your opinion.

Which would allow me the most to work internationally in the future?

Thank you.

Feb 8, 19 12:16 pm
Non Sequitur

the one that pays the most.

Feb 8, 19 12:25 pm
Kienai

French internship salaries are fixed

Non Sequitur

I don't know what that means. Does that mean it's a tiny stipend... and likely barely enough to live with?  If that's the case, than hurrah for slavery!  Enjoy working for 3$/hour.

Kienai

Sorry ... In France, trainees are paid 3.75 euros per hour

Non Sequitur

so, $5USD per hour, roughly. At that salve rate, chose the office that will abuse you less during those 80+ hour weeks.

Kienai

Ok, thank you for your answer!

sameolddoctor

NS, the OP is probably an Asian Trust Fund baby, so doesn't have to worry about making an living. (And hence fucking up the rest of us)

Kienai

I am French and I was born in Paris ... I study in Switzerland.

Non Sequitur

zut alors!

Image result for zut alors

Kienai

Hahaha !!

Non Sequitur

I'm french canadian, so I'm allowed to make the reference.  

Kienai

So, let's talk in french !

Kienai

So, let's talk in french !

randomised

Look at where they build, it's no freakin' rocket science...Working outside of France will most likely mean dealing with Arabic despots and slave labour job sites in the case of Nouvel and Japanese private clients in the case of Fujimoto.

Feb 8, 19 12:46 pm

Neither.

Feb 8, 19 3:23 pm
Kienai

Oh, why neither? I have no other internship proposal.

Dangermouse

ranked: fujimoto in tokyo, then paris, then jean nouvel.  both practices will "allow you to work internationally". go to tokyo, satellite offices can really suck, its better to be in the thick of it with the people who make decisions / posses institutional knowledge about the firm.  

Feb 8, 19 3:48 pm
Kienai

Thank you very much for your answer ! so you think that even if it is the satellite office of sou fujimoto, it remains more interesting than to do the internship at Jean Nouvel ?

Dangermouse

it depends on which is more interesting to you

Kienai

Thank you !

The work by sou fujimoto in France is really really good, and the office is small so you may get to take part with the real stuff. I dont know this for sure, but it seems reasonable.

Jean Nouvel on the other hand is the big office and may be less open for interns. Or maybe it is set up as proper training so its great.

this is not based on direct knowledge though. Do they give you a chance to talk/interview before deciding?

either office is unique and does outstanding work so either way you cannot go wrong. From my point of view I would not worry about the hours they ask you to work. Working at these kinds of offices is not so transactional and if it is what you are after i would try to intern at a more corporate place.

Feb 10, 19 5:49 am
Kienai

Thank you so much for your answer !

Kienai

I agree with you, Fujimoto's french office is small and I had the impression during the interview that there was a real closeness to the trainees. I think I will learn more in this office.

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: