Archinect
anchor

essay comparing rem koolhaas and frank gehry work.

razawosman

Compare the use of one media (models,) by two architects of your choice.  Explain how, by using the same media, these architects may have different effects. Problematize by making a hypothesis that you then verify through a series of concrete examples.

I have chose rem koolhaas and frank Gehry. I want to know what the main difference is and the effect they have.

thank you in advance 

Dec 21, 18 4:12 pm
Non Sequitur

Do your own homework you lazy bum.

Dec 21, 18 4:20 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

Main difference? Gehry appeared on The Simpsons already in 2005 and Koolhaas only in 2012.

Dec 22, 18 3:45 pm  · 
 · 

You could treat them as practitioners work in neoliberal environments- one through “culture” and the other through “economies.” The reading list is your job.

Dec 24, 18 9:47 am  · 
 · 
Cosmos

One is a sculptor, the other is seeks ways to materialize sociopolitical and socioeconomic ideas into architecture.  

One is very hands on (bottom-up) with process, the other relys on several minds for the emergence of the design (top-down).  

Dec 25, 18 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Who's who?

Dec 26, 18 2:40 pm  · 
 · 

Who cares?

Dec 26, 18 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
Cosmos

edit: hands-on = top-down  ;  emergence = bottom-up  

my bad for the mix up.

Dec 26, 18 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
*your name

One turns program into space, the other turns space into program. You figure out who is which. 

Jan 11, 19 10:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: