Archinect
anchor

Looking for advice on registering my business

mookey

Hi.

I'm about to register my business with the state, and was wondering if anyone had advice on the best way to set it up (i.e. L.L.C., P.L.L.C., P.C. etc.) given that the business will consist of  just me as the sole proprietor. 

Thanks!

Nov 13, 18 4:14 pm
MDH-ARCH

I just did this.. I am currently an LLC which is easier to file taxes from what I understand as opposed to a corporation. You will have to establish your business first then send your business letter of formation as well as your tax number to the state, all of which will be reviewed by the board. You will have a fee of 300-$500 depending on what state your are in. Then you will receive a certificate to offer architectural services. This was my experience in NJ. Good luck

Nov 13, 18 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
mookey

Thanks MDH-ARCH!

Nov 14, 18 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Check with your state's architectural licensing board to verify what forms of incorporation are permitted for architectural firms in your state.  Some states do not permit architectural LLCs.  They may also have restrictions on what the business can be called.

If it is allowed in your home state, a single-member LLC is a very easy entity for you to set up and operate as an architectural business. 

Nov 14, 18 2:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: