Archinect
anchor

Jackson Johnson.... (and alternate labels) contacting privately

RickB-Astoria

To Mr. Balkins:

I'm asking for a formal apology based on your behavior on the Archinect forum. You clearly crossed the line and began to harass me by continuing to post countless replies that were heavily laden with profanity and bordering harassment. It was clearly not professional and you are quite lucky that Archinect has no moderators to provide recourse for your actions. I'm sure your posts wouldn't fly on Linkedin or any other website you may use publicly. I understand if you don't apologize, but it will ultimately make you look bad after your despicable behavior. Under your own argument you are not entitled to civility either, but frankly, I never asked for what you purport below.  

Thanks,

Jackson "Jackass" Johnson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else getting this or similar?

To Jackson Johnson,

You contacted one of my business email account not using personal email using the Archinect PM system that goes to a personal email account. You are not discussing professional or business related discussion but instead you are still hung up over a single post that has nothing to do with my business. Here you are demanding an apology, week(s) after the thread. How about you just get over it and move on?

Now this is the post you referenced:

I don't have to give you an apology. You are not entitled one. This is a privately owned web forum / web site. Yes, my posts were particularly harsh. It was clearly indicated that your behavior was not acceptable and you were kicked off this forum. You may still be lurking this forum without an account or on a new account after it was 'banned'. 

I'll apologize that I used a little more f-bombs than I needed or should have. However, I do stand by the essential points made. You wish to be on the forum and you do have an option. YOUR ACTIONS inferred that you demanded what I purported. You demanded we be different to accommodate you. Guess what, you are one person. Your right and existence does not weight any more than anyone else. You neither have developed the social connections for others to give a shit. You demanded we change to accommodate YOU. No. YOU change to accommodate what the forum admins/moderators and the established forum membership expects of each other or you don't. If you don't, you can either keep up the b.s. and get banned or you self-moderate yourself which maybe that you change yourself just enough to be tolerable. 

Let me be clear, I don't give a rat shit about you. You are not that important to me. You are just another jackass on this forum. Yes, I've called others on this forum jackasses. So what, it's unfiltered point made. If you are too thin skinned like what you have demonstrated by your actions, you sure the hell don't belong here. 

You are just posturing to try to make yourself feel better about your pitiful fragile emotional self. 

You are butt hurt because people rejected you and your behavior on this forum. You are arrogant about your importance to the level that you literally went ape shit about people criticizing you and your conduct. You were butt hurt because I called you a jackass and peppered several f-bombs. You contacted my business using the myContactForm that I believe is on my website on August 7th with this message: "Rick is an accomplished man. Meeting him on a forum, he expressed vulgarities towards JacksonJohn which were frankly inappropriate and this should be put out there for those to see. He told me this via an online reply: (snipped)" . Then you were so butt hurt that you are demanding a formal apology eleven days later with the above quote. You are emotionally unstable. Some may argue that you are unfit. When I haven't even contacted you in over a week. You still feel that I have to bend over backwards to give you a formal apology. For what purpose and to what end? I don't know and I don't know if I want to explore that. It seems to me that you are wanting to force me to march to your tune to make your fragile emotions feel better about yourself. That's a confidence problem on your part. 

Now... I'm not gonna sit here and blow sunshine up your ass. A good forum user (and a good architect) is compelled to evaluate what's happened, so he/she can apply what he/she learned. As I said earlier, you have option. 

I'll consider issuing you a formal apology once you learn the important lesson for yourself to learn. Don't ever contact my business email again or private email. Contact me here. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. What happens on Archinect stays on Archinect. Keep the drama here. If not, I'm sorry for you and more sorry for the others who will come across you now and in the future.

Aug 19, 18 3:35 am
Non Sequitur
Ricky, imagine if little Jackson had used even a fraction of the energy and effort wasted in these forums on his homework?
Aug 19, 18 6:39 am
RickB-Astoria

:)

SpontaneousCombustion

Jackson "Johnson's" school year resumes Aug 29  Hopefully then he will better direct his energy.  If not: it's a boarding school with a written policy on acceptable behaviors conducted over its wifi, so you can report any more harassment there and let them deal with him.

Aug 19, 18 1:17 pm
RickB-Astoria

I don't have that info but if you can, PM me it or something like that. When his info was exposed (I think), I was away from the kb. Otherwise, I would consider that option.

citizen

This is kind of like Alien vs. Predator.

Aug 19, 18 2:06 pm

More like Dumb vs Dumber.

citizen

^ Booyah!

RickB-Astoria

The kid is abusing the contact form so I am removing the contact form. Serious clients have a brain. Sorry but this person is also using fake email accounts (ones that don't exist) or email accounts from legitimate businesses that would have no interest in the matters on this forum. 

To Jackson whatever,

Sorry kiddo, I've removed the contact form on a website intended for use with adults 18 years old and older with a serious intent contact my business for professional building design services to be rendered. 

Aug 20, 18 7:13 am
Non Sequitur

silly children. Even my toddler knows when to put his toys away.

RickB-Astoria

yeah.

TrogIodytarum

Aug 21, 18 1:33 am
citizen

Which one's which?

randomised

Hello, World!

Aug 21, 18 3:32 am
RickB-Astoria

lol.... I don't give a shit enough about the kiddo to care or be offended by people shitting on the thread so enjoy. I just posted for public record as due diligence effort to inform the person that I don't want his unsolicited emails to my business account and abuse of the form. I've tried contacting him via an email account (Gmail domain) which resulted in Mail Delivery System auto response: This is the mail system at host [snipped] I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

randomised

What did you expect? Of all people, that you are the one complaining here about people contacting you on a personal email address...If I remember correctly, not too long ago, some people here were complaining about you for sending them unsolicited emails after run-ins on archinect...so there you have it ;-)

RickB-Astoria

Anyway, he'll have to use a real email account.

randomised

Why, because you say so? Anyone having a contact form on their website knows or should know that you can and will receive email from non-existing accounts.

RickB-Astoria

Randomised, I was using the PM mechanism of Archinect. Usually, people will associate the PM to an actual Email account but not their business email account. You see that "CONTACT" that pops up with "Contact this user" when you hover your pointer. You would associate an email account where people on this forum can contact you privately when you create an Archinect account. I have an account for people to contact me through on Archinect, privately separate from my business email accounts. My business website is separate from Archinect. People who contact using a contact form generally use it for legitimate business and provide correct contact information including a working email address that they have control over.

RickB-Astoria

I wasn't using the kind of account creation/sign-up & verification mechanism used for MMO games, software development, etc. It's a building design / architecture related website. Prospective clients aren't going to go through that bullshit because frankly put.... no one wants to use the services of architects/building designers. We are just an over-priced evil nuisance that they have to go through to get the permit. At least that is how most prospective clients really feel about architects & building designers. If I had to make them go through the bullshit of having to sign-up (create an account), verify their email, identification verification, and then a survey of questions.... they would just click on the X at the corner of the browser window and move on to the next guy. The alternative is, display my email account on website and get spam bots flooding the account.

RickB-Astoria

Remember, the website is a building design website not a web portal to an MMO game, item mall, and game web forum, etc. It's a different kind of website and people seeking our services don't want ANYTHING complicated. The point of the form was a simple mechanism for them to contact us. Customarily, people seeking architectural services or building design services or similar services are wanting something straight forward and simple. They are generally, honest and forthright about things like their email because after all, they are contacting us so that we can respond to their query about our services. I didn't want to make it into a more complex account creation & verification process and then have to also set up an database server and custom PHP query system that can protect the data security from hacks like SQL query injection methods. While it is more work on my part, it would also mean a more complicated experience for prospective clients who are customarily expecting either a simple contact form or an email address.

RickB-Astoria

Now, when I contacted people via private email or whatever, it was because I used the CONTACT function of this website. I contacted them privately because I didn't want a dozen or more of the peanut gallery chiming in and being a total fucking distraction or otherwise wanted to tell them something privately. That is EXACTLY WHAT THAT FUNCTION is for. To communicate privately. When you create an account, YOU agreed to allow people to contact you privately by having Archinect's private messaging mechanism active. How it works is, I fill out a form similar to this text box with a subject title text box, and then it sends whatever message to the Archinect user that I am PMing. The message is sent to their email account that they used to create their archinect account. That is how it basically works. In general, most people have the fucking sense to use a separate email account for Archinect than their business email account and usually a secondary private email account they may have yet frequently check other than their primary personal email account. Basically, it would be their Archinect email account or something like that. I don't usually strive to contact users via their business email accounts (or email account assigned to them by their employer). In the same vein as not contacting people via their work phone (or work cell phone). At least, my email address I use is real and functional. 

randomised

I don't care that you used the PM function of archinect to bother people, JJ was using the PM function of your website. It's exactly the same, pot & kettle :) So what that your email is real and functional, that's your choice, it's not forbidden to put a bogus email in the sender box. You're calling someone out that shows similar behaviour to yourself, going outside of the forum to settle a score or to go around the fact they've hit the Ignore User button. I just find that funny. Sorry I didn't read your lengthy post, only read the first and last sentence.

RickB-Astoria

It's not the same for simple reasons. The website is a business website for business purposes. This forum is not. People don't use Archinect for business. Archinect isn't for A) procuring clients, B) business purposes, and so forth. Going to the business site and using the contact form is basically going to someone's business mail box and dropping off a letter. Whereas, the PMing is basically using Archinect as the mail courier, and delivering the mail to the address on record with Archinect. The mail address usually would be delivering it to a vacation home address where you may pick up your less important emails not related to business or necessarily your main house itself where you receive mail from family and friends. If you are understanding the analogy. Do bear in mind that users on Archinect don't know who you have hit the ignore user button. It doesn't let me know if you have me on ignored. Some forum software actually doesn't allow a person to PM someone who has them on ignore. Preferably, the PM function on this forum should go into a special Archinect "mail box". Basically, the forum would have a private message box with a small amount of space reserved for each user. This is basically how PHPBB and other similar software does it. Lurkers would not be able to post or PM anyone.

randomised

People do use archinect for business so you are wrong and have done exactly the same as JJ. You've even been banned here for misbehaving yet you are whining about somebody that sent you some emails, boohoo. You're totally being hypocritical here. Maybe you're just upset that when you finally received some email through your business website it turns out to be from that schmuck.

b3tadine[sutures]

Pleasure.

RickB-Astoria is ignored by youEDIT IGNORE SETTINGS

Aug 21, 18 11:51 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: