Archinect
anchor

AXP Supervisor requirements?

cmdavis4cap

I am an arch student entering my first year of grad school this fall, and I've just accepted a new position to work from home doing interior design type work. At my current job (the one I am leaving), I have a licensed architect to sign off on my AXP hours. With this new position, there isn't a licensed architect at the company, and I'll be working remotely from home most of the time (working with clients and coworkers through email and skype-type communication). Is there a way I could report my work hours to my soon-to-be-'old' supervisor to sign off on? I see that I can report up to 320 hours under "Setting O" for the interior design work, and could just have my new boss sign off on those without a license, but I wasn't sure if I could report more hours, say only under the "design" category with my old supervisor, even if we will not be at the same company? Not trying to 'get away' with anything, I'm just genuinely curious if there's a restriction on that and haven't really found an answer specific to my situation. 

Aug 13, 18 2:25 pm
Bloopox

Your supervisor is supposed to be directly supervising your work, so no you can't use your supervisor from your previous job.  Also check with your state - NCARB allows remote supervision situation, and unlicensed people to supervise some number of hours, but some states do not allow those situations, and some have additional requirements for supervisors.

Aug 13, 18 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Also note that contracting won't count. Be sure of the agreement up-front; i've never heard of employees being offered to work from home from the get-go, thats always been a contract position from past interactions.

Aug 13, 18 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

NCARB does allow some AXP credit these days for independent contractor situations. However, some states will not accept that to satisfy their experience requirements.

Aug 13, 18 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Ah. Mine does not. Unaware of otherwise.

Aug 13, 18 5:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: