Archinect
anchor

BIM?

anindita

So my struggle to find the BIM software that would work for me goes a long way!  

Revit - I have used Revit but when it comes to curved walls and out of box designs, it doesn't cut it.  I am not too found of plug ins.

Rhino - I have tried Visual Arq.  One can't take dynamic sections. I have also tried Rhino BIM but its primarily fabrication based.  People in India are still wary of fabrication and they prefer RCC so I built a hybrid /composite structure with RCC and fabrication.  I can't pull that off in Rhino BIM.  

Digital Project - It comes with one week of trial not good enough to test any kind of project. 

Catia - No trial periods.

Generative Components - Not sure but its supposed to be good?

Vector Works - Has anyone used it? 

I would like to purchase a software that is comprehensive and detailed so I don't have to run 5-7 different kinds of softwares.  I had shortlisted DP and Catia but both are very stringent with their trial periods and I am not used to Solid Works.  Below is the picture of our first project just to give you guys an idea!

Aug 9, 18 7:49 am
Bench

GC is not a BIM software, but rather a scripting extension of Bentley's AEOCSim / MicroStation. Its generally considered to be inferior to Grasshopper at this point, but that probably depends on who you ask.

Aug 9, 18 8:34 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Not plugging anything here, but you're talking BIM and don't even list Archicad...

Aug 9, 18 9:45 am  · 
1  · 
archanonymous

ArchiCAD is now integrated with Rhino/ GH so it functions smoothly between the two. I would get that if I was setting up an office right now.

Aug 9, 18 9:45 am  · 
1  · 
Bench

Also - the image you posted appears to be very attainable in Revit, and I'd assume many other programs...

Aug 9, 18 10:23 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

When was the last version of Revit you used?  Just because you couldn't  get a curved wall to work does not mean that its not possible. I can prepare drawings for any project in Revit, complete Construction Sets and Presentation drawings.  Don't blame the program because you don't understand how to use all the functions.  

Aug 9, 18 10:44 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

We did a huge project all in Revit - still in construction.  The main space is a half dome and it has curving wings that come out both sides.  You can do curves in Revit.  It's not the easiest thing, but its doable.

Aug 9, 18 11:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: