Archinect
anchor

sleep/food/leisure/day job/exercise/ create - schedule

Sir Apple Chrissy

. Corbs on this list.

What's your typical pattern?

May 16, 18 10:36 pm
tintt

Midnight to 3 am: sleep; 3-5: other; 5-7: sleep; 7-8: day job; 8-11: creative; 11-3: food/leisure; 3-6: float; 6-7: day job; 7-8: food/leisure; 8-10: other; 10-12: sleep. Excercise sprinkled here and there. It's not really that consistent, just an approximation.

May 17, 18 6:09 am
tintt

For a few years I took online classes from 2 or 3 am to about 4-5 am.

JLC-1

pussies

May 17, 18 10:33 am
tintt

anything to stay sane I guess.

Non Sequitur

I'm a big fan of eating fettuccine at 6am while in a hot tub.

wurdan freo

brilliant!

Sir Apple Chrissy

when I grow-up.

^ Find what you love and let it kill you I suppose. His dealer must have made bank.

12am to 7am-ish - Sleep. 7am-6pm - stuff associated with day job (getting ready, commute, working, etc...). 6pm-8pm - Food / Leisure. 8pm - 11pm/12am - Creative work. (any time not spent doing creative work is leisure time, depending on the day 10-midnight or I paint right until midnight).

May 17, 18 11:17 am
Non Sequitur

1am to 5:30am - Sleep

5:30 to 7am - Toddler prep

7:30-8 to 5-6ish - work

6:30-8pm - Dinner/family

8:30-11pm - Climbing gym when I can make it (was thrice weekly at one point).  Otherwise leisure and creative when I feel like it. 

May 17, 18 11:33 am

May 17, 18 12:07 pm
Sir Apple Chrissy

I see what you did there.

10pm-10am bed, 10am-10pm not bed

exercise = zero

May 17, 18 2:14 pm
tintt

I have been thinking about this more. Mostly I cook, clean, and entertain other people. 

May 17, 18 2:54 pm

I - for one - find you quite entertaining. Thank you.

tintt

Good to know I'm useful. Seriously, I've had 3 groups of house guests in the last month. Bed and breakfast here.

Do you take reservations?

tintt

Why do you ask?

tintt

I actually had 4 groups of house guests, not 3. Very popular place we have here.

Sorta-
May 17, 18 4:09 pm
Sir Apple Chrissy

8pm nap? Dinner coma? I don't mean to pry

won and done williams

That's fun. Balzac and Flannery O'Connor were freaks - props to them!

Bottom line, you want to be a creative genius, quit your day job.

[BTW what the hell is "Other"?

May 17, 18 4:49 pm

Everything you can imagine. And then some. Also coffee. And Tequila. Not necessarily in that order.

ether

when i'm manic, two to three hours of sleep

when not, 5-6.

May 17, 18 5:34 pm

It's the opposite for me, I sleep great on the manic cycle.

archinine
Interesting seeing the schedules of those non 9-5ers. As in seeing how people operate outside those narrowly defined and restrictive confines. Appreciate josh including the part where 2+ hours are spent around said ‘9-5’ which aren’t even part of the required 8 hours.
May 18, 18 2:37 am

Yeah. In a way, that commute is an hour or two we're not getting paid for by the office. We're solely doing so to get to that job. Otherwise, I can get out of bed, put on pants and walk out to my dining room/studio/home office and work.

randomised

Love how food equals leisure.

May 18, 18 3:07 am
randomised

(Based on last Wednesday)

May 18, 18 5:38 am

randomised and Miles hinted at something that is much more accurate for me.  it's a weekly cycle and if I consider architecture my day job, doing professional architecture, then only on weekends am I creative...see how Miles is always creative and Randomised is 50/50 on day job/create

(i work in transit and literally eat my lunch usually while walking back from the pizza place)

May 18, 18 7:06 pm
randomised

For me doing creative work is simply an integral part of my day job, luckily. Having a creative mindset is not something that you can switch on or off, as Miles indicates, even while sleeping you can work out design issues or come up with a new painting etc.

Do you even chew your food ;)

Non Sequitur
Wait, is there a link to make your own graph?
May 20, 18 9:12 am

Link? LOL. Acrylic on Bristol board. Get to work.

Sir Apple Chrissy

Be creative!!

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: