Archinect
anchor

Choosing a residential compliance path

wurdan freo

what are you doing for a compliance path in residential? Prescriptive by default? Rescheck? Energy simulation.

Seems to me that prescriptive would be easiest to accomplish for someone with limited understanding of the other options. While rescheck could be the method with the best return on value(free software, ability to trade off)

Any thoughts/experiences to share?

May 8, 18 3:32 pm
BulgarBlogger

residences over four stories are classified as commercial

May 8, 18 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

you are correct. Gold star.... that would also be comcheck. Are you using it? 

May 8, 18 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Inspector is not qualified to accept or not to accept. He's there to inspect what has been approved by the building official.

May 9, 18 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

A former firm told me to use comcheck and basically make up the numbers until they passed, their reasoning was that the reviewers didn't understand what they were looking at and only looked for the passing "check mark."

That's a big part of why I left

May 9, 18 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Ha! Kinda dumb though if you think about it... the reviewers don't even know what they are reviewing... That's wasted time and money and all of the above... but supposedly they're providing a valuable service to the public... bullshit.

May 10, 18 7:20 pm  · 
 · 

I'm wondering the same thing myself--what is easier Comcheck or the prescriptive path for my 4-story residential building...I already did Comcheck, but wondering if that was unnecessary.  If any one has any rules of thumb or experience with both / either, I'd appreciate it

Oct 11, 20 10:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: