Archinect
anchor

Start Up (East Midlands UK)

rich_9999

I've been slowly developing ideas for a 'Hybrid Architecture Practice' over a couple of years now and it's brought me to some contrarian views as to where the industry is heading and how more importantly new startups should implement certain strategies to both survive and thrive in the upcoming years. 

I'm ideally looking for a partner who's worked in the industry for a couple of years minimum. You cannot be stuck in a certain way of doing things, this company will be doing things a little different. Also, I'm going to be focused on premium end clients who are not going to haggle over price. I'm not competing for scraps with low-end extension projects, that's a race to the bottom and it's more hassle than it's worth. With that in mind, you have to display all the qualities associated with a high-end designer. I'd Ideally like someone very technically proficient with a keen eye for style over fashion. If you like Zaha Hadid and Frank Gehry we will probably but heads during the design process on projects so your probably not the match I'm looking for.

The workload is a daunting prospect and I have other projects to work on so I'm seeking a partner who fits certain criteria who will add value to what I'm already bringing to the table.

If you'd like to discuss further and live in the East Midlands area get in touch with me.

Apr 27, 18 7:22 pm
Non Sequitur

Fun to assume you'll get all those high-end clients "just because", but that's not going to happen.

May 1, 18 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
rich_9999

I don't need to get high-end clients. I'm already self-sufficient. This is a side project for me. The company will be specifically targeted to a certain section of the market so I'll either get the clients I want or I won't be doing business. That's what being self-sufficient gives you. It's that fuck you money you will never have.

May 1, 18 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

How insightful.

May 1, 18 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

fuck your money?

May 1, 18 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

the assumptions.

May 1, 18 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
rich_9999

You basically just told me you spend your days drawing spot details. No man with wealth is a slave to CAD. You are poor and you're also trolling my threads. Why is that?

May 1, 18 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Not poor, also not a slave. I'm a project architect with a very heavy work load and half a dozen projects in construction. Your threads provided a good break from my hectic day.

May 1, 18 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

So Ritchy Rich, where did you get your moneys from?

May 2, 18 2:32 am  · 
 · 
rich_9999

How big is your dick? We can both ask personal questions.

May 2, 18 2:34 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Why is that personal?, you brought up the fact you have "fuck you money", just curious where you've got that "fuck you money" from, my guess is you got lucky with a scratch card, you're a trust fund suckling or married into it...and my dick sure as hell isn't bigger than your self inflated ma$$ive ego that would be anatomically impossible.

May 2, 18 3:44 am  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

we have a baller ⛹️‍♀️ 

May 1, 18 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Gutters are dumb. Prove me wrong.

May 1, 18 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Could not afford a long sleeve gold shirt? Pfffff, peasant.

May 1, 18 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

He needs room for the bracelets.

May 1, 18 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Can't wait for his mixtape to drop...

May 2, 18 2:33 am  · 
 · 

"The company will be specifically targeted to a certain section of the market so I'll either get the clients I want or I won't be doing business."

My money is on you won't be doing any business.

May 1, 18 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
rich_9999

You are boring, go lick your wounds and come fight another day. For context to anybody who is reading. I destroyed this muppet in the gutterless building thread and now he's a little salty.

May 1, 18 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You did not destroy anyone.

May 1, 18 10:48 pm  · 
1  · 
rich_9999

I can point to a plethora of errors in almost everyone who posted arguments. You cannot do the same. That is the definition of getting destroyed. It became about 7 on 1 in the end throughout the day and I destroyed every one of you. I am more intelligent than the combined collection of all you put together. You are an embarrassment and a weasel. If you want to disprove me go ahead, quote me and prove it. I can and have quoted you on occasion but trust me I could put at least 30 more errors you and your group of homies made, every time I brought up an error silence on the subject closely followed if that isn't an acknowledgement of defeat I don't know what is? You bunch of dorks got whooped and you are lacking in self-awareness to even recognise it,

May 1, 18 11:02 pm  · 
 · 

You are a legend in your own mind.

May 1, 18 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

The illusions of grandeur are strong with this one.

May 1, 18 11:28 pm  · 
 · 

Tell us again how failing structure due to under-design or overloading is a maintenance issue. Clearly we're all wrong on that but are too dim to understand. Please help!

May 1, 18 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
rich_9999

I've posted probably 50 times on that thread. With a lot of detail. Go quote me and find an error. If you can prove I'm wrong I'm not ashamed to hold my hands up.  This challenge has been offered to you on many occasions and yet all you have in your favour is a group of cronies who waffle the same shit you do. Just one big echo chamber of mutual masturbation that makes you feel better about yourself.

May 1, 18 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
Bench
Genuinely curious now - how long have you worked at an architecture practice ?
May 1, 18 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
rich_9999

Go find an error.

May 1, 18 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
Bench
That’s... not really what I asked
May 1, 18 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Probably less than 2y is my guess. Dude's shitty attitude is equal to his shitty building science.

May 2, 18 12:01 am  · 
 · 
rich_9999

Totally irrelevant. It could be 5 minutes it could be 5 years. Either I'm right or I'm wrong. Go find an error. The beauty is it's all in black and white. People don't like my tone but truth doesn't care about tone.

May 2, 18 12:02 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

sure, your tone is shit as is your experience. Where is East Midlands anyways, anything good there?

May 2, 18 12:05 am  · 
 · 

If dick_9999 is representative, no.

May 2, 18 12:13 am  · 
 · 
rich_9999

Dickhead does backing up an argument mean nothing to you? Copy and paste a direct quote that I posted that is wrong. Without misquoting me. Something your friend Miles Jaffe doesn't seem to be above doing.

May 2, 18 12:14 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Rich, can you list one cohesive statement you’ve made?

May 2, 18 7:33 am  · 
 · 
Bench
Ah yes. Architecture: the most black-and-white industry of them all. For there is no room for nuance or discussion in this profession. Nay! Only correct or incorrect. And he has, like, totally worked in an office before, like worked so hard.
May 2, 18 12:29 am  · 
 · 
rich_9999

When it comes to building science you are either wrong or right. We are not discussing whether the colour purple is the best colour for the kitchen cabinets. The product either fails under testing or it doesn't. Are you all really this thick? By the way, there has never been room for the word nuance in any self-respecting man's vocabulary. You whiny little cunt.

May 2, 18 12:38 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Ricky, he’s no architect. He’s barely better than a fresh grad and as disillusioned as one can be.

May 2, 18 7:31 am  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

I don't know about you all, but a side project usually doesn't involve having to buy liability and O&E insurance, but I doubt this douchenozzle has thought of that yet.

May 2, 18 10:14 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

I believe this is Kanye, what an idiot

May 2, 18 11:14 am  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

I feel like Kanye would want people to know it is Kanye.

May 2, 18 11:22 am  · 
 · 
Bench

The reveal is coming!

May 2, 18 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
ham17

Longtime listener, first-time caller, this is a goated thread that should be bumped. That is all

Jul 9, 21 4:29 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It’s a great thread but many comments were nuked so it’s only half the fun.

Jul 9, 21 8:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: