Archinect
anchor

Your favorite reading chair thread

Wilma Buttfit

What reading chairs do you all use? Looking to replace my 1984 hand-me-down. 

Jan 22, 18 10:35 am
Non Sequitur

I don't have time, or patience, to read much these days unless it's a children's book for the 19-month old... If that's the case, I prefer the cheap second-hand rocking chair I found for $20 and refurbished.

My wife on the other hand loves her Helsinki Chair (knock-off).

Jan 22, 18 10:39 am  · 
 · 

I've been eyeing a Saarinen Womb Chair just for this purpose - but have yet to pull the trigger on buying it. I actually usually read in bed or laying on the couch.

Jan 22, 18 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Found two of these Gispen chairs on the street a couple of years ago, they do the job rather well...

Jan 22, 18 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

As you can see I like to read at the table.

Jan 22, 18 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

current fave

Jan 22, 18 7:59 pm  · 
 · 

It’s a stokke highchair. It starts as an infant chair with the smaller seat as pictured. The you switch them as you get older. I like it because it’s hard to slouch in, and not comfortable, so you’re alert and take breaks.

Jan 22, 18 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

That's my son's dining chair :)

Jan 23, 18 11:49 am  · 
 · 

Perhaps soon to be yours

Jan 23, 18 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Not that soon, he's just 10 months old...

Jan 24, 18 12:25 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

No love for Aalto?

Jan 25, 18 5:14 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Never sat in one of his chairs so wouldn't know if it would be a favourite of mine...

Jan 26, 18 3:47 am  · 
 · 
mantaray
Ah Josh, came herd to post same! We had a Womb chair sitting around our office on loan from Knoll for awhile, and I fell 100% in love with it from pure reading comfort alone. I never would have normally considered it -- not that I don't like the aesthetic, but it's definitively very distinctive and a bit "space-age-y", but damn if it isn't the single most comfortable chair I've ever read in!

Also they make a 3/4 scale version that I found suited me better than full-scale, FYI. And get the ottoman too!
Jan 25, 18 7:16 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Plycraft Mr Chair

I don't own one, but I'd use more reading as an excuse to get one. 

Jan 25, 18 8:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: