Archinect
anchor

How many inches...

Wilma Buttfit

... of architecture books do you have? Include accessory disciplines such as planning, etc. Units are linear inches. 

Jan 15, 18 8:46 pm

252" architecture / design / related. After a recent purge of about 60".

This is a boy's game, TINTT. Like sizing wood members.

Jan 15, 18 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Next time, send your purged books to me, please.

Jan 15, 18 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

192" based on my 1' square IKEA shelving.

Jan 15, 18 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I measure mine in diaper boxes.... I think 8 right now.

Jan 15, 18 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I'm estimating an additional 800 inches in other books. That's not counting what is the garage because I don't know how many are there. Not counting any magazines or product literature. That would add a couple of feet, probably three. It is a lot of stuff. 

Jan 15, 18 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

My house is over 130 years old so yes but not due to books because they are dispersed. The commercial office space has slab on grade so no sinking there.

Jan 16, 18 9:47 am  · 
 · 
archinine
But how is this measured. Spine widths I'm guessing?
Jan 15, 18 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

yes. bookcase width.

Jan 16, 18 12:07 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

If I trim the potted plants around the base of the bookcase, will it appear longer?

Jan 16, 18 8:29 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

they have larger that 200 count?

Jan 16, 18 8:53 am  · 
 · 
proto

#sizematters

Jan 16, 18 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Jan 16, 18 4:01 pm  · 
 · 

I wish I knew the answer to this, but unfortunately all my books are boxed up in storage. I did go through and donate a bunch of them while I was packing them up and that was probably about half of them. I donated about 4 diaper boxes worth. Hard to say for sure as they weren't in diaper boxes and there were also a lot of non-architecture books. Interestingly enough, room for diaper boxes was tangentially one of the major reasons all my books are boxed up and in storage.

Jan 16, 18 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

I thought dirty thoughts reading the title of this thread. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. 

338"

Jan 17, 18 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

This was a test to see who had a dirty mind. Guess who failed it.

Jan 17, 18 10:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: