Archinect
anchor

Statement of Purpose HELP!!

tangomango

When writing a SOP for an M.ARCH, is location/the studio a good point to write about when you're talking about wanting to go to their school? I'm also writing about how their principles and pedagogy align with mine but i also want into include location or how much i liked the studio. But it feels like a weaker (more emotional rather than practical if you catch my drift) reason... thoughts?

Nov 25, 17 5:48 pm

1 Featured Comment

All 4 Comments

Non Sequitur
Maybe you’re not ready for grad school if this is too difficult for you.
Nov 25, 17 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
tangomango

ok thx for the advice, sweaty ;)

Nov 25, 17 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I feel

Nov 26, 17 12:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I feel sexually harassed now. Prepare to me meet my lawyers.

Nov 26, 17 12:41 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I feel sexually harassed now. Prepare to me meet my lawyers.

Nov 26, 17 12:41 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

do you honestly think strangers on the internet can help you write a statement of purpose? it's literally asking what you want to get out of grad school. how the fuck could anyone else know better than you what you want?

this is the easiest part, BY FAR, of the entire M.Arch experience. non sequitur is right; this question demonstrates exceptional laziness.

Nov 25, 17 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
tangomango

im just asking if its professional... im not asking yall to write my letter for me...

Nov 25, 17 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

it completely depends on variables you haven't articulated. if you're applying to a school in Boston or New York or Chicago, and there's some argument about those particular urban environments that informs your interest in the school, then sure. If you're applying to UCLA because you like the weather, then no, that is obviously fucking stupid.

Nov 26, 17 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment

If you pause and think about it what you've asked everyone to do is to get into your head and understand the reasoning behind the your letter w/o sharing your letter (and its understood- you're not asking anyone to write it and no will anyway).

- AND then you want everyone to get into the heads of the admission committee at a school that is even more anonymous than your screen name to determine if they are more interested in affect versus effect in the content of your statement.

So- you want a clear answer about something referencing nothing in regards to nobody.

That's an impossible task to fulfill.

Nov 25, 17 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Be sure to include enough exclamation marks, best is to use more than one at a time and you're golden.

Nov 26, 17 3:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: