Archinect
anchor

CA licensure and questions

G4tor

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to get together any and all documents in order to  apply for taking the ARE (http://www.cab.ca.gov/candidat...) and it seems that in addition to filling out an application for eligibility evaluation, I also have to send an "employment verification form" to my employer.

However, i've worked a handful of architecture jobs (6+ years now) and some of the employers that i've worked for in my earlier years have pretty much vanished from the face of the earth. Has anyone encountered this problem before and what did you guys do in regards to this?

(i'm asking this because each time i send these forms to NCARB, they charge a $100 eligibility review fee and I'm pretty sure that i don't want to spend an excessive amount of money to send stuff when i could be using these monies for the actual tests)

Oct 8, 17 10:48 pm
LITS4FormZ

I've been trying to figure this out since May. Between NCARBs incompetence and CA not giving a fuck I'm back to resending my verification a second time.

Oct 9, 17 11:50 am  · 
 · 
G4tor

holy crap, sorry to hear that. Sounds like you haven't figured it out yet and it's off to roll the roulette again?

Oct 9, 17 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

We have a licensing coordinator in our office whose sole responsibility is to manage these efforts...

Oct 9, 17 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

dang. let me know how it turns out. we don't have any licensing coordinator in our office so it's a bit hard to navigate the gate keeper's hoops.

Oct 9, 17 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

self inflicted wounds 

Oct 9, 17 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
archi_dude

can we sue planning departments on the same mentality? They enjoy state mandated monopolies and are bullshit gate keepers. Or do we just accept them as a necessary evil that attempts to create projects that meet a certified base of requirements. 

Oct 9, 17 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

sue them all, i say. I'm more irked by NCARB though. Sue NCARB first.

Oct 9, 17 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

sure why not, freedom for all!!!

Oct 9, 17 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

she's.... beautiful....

Oct 9, 17 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

NA

Oct 9, 17 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

while we're at it, why don't sue the useless universities as well? who needs a degree?

Oct 10, 17 11:46 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

it's an early gehry, before the chainlink epiphany.....

Oct 10, 17 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm wondering if that white casement window was originally loadbearing but then one day some wanker decided to force it open leading to the sloping of the floor / mass above. Now the window won't close and the local roaming monkey gangs can enter at will.

Oct 11, 17 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Lol. Looks like an argument against the structural assumptions of the three little pigs. Pretty sure the wolf can blow this thing down.

Oct 11, 17 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

turns out some of the experience that i've obtained are now obsolete. Yes yes, self inflicted and all that junk. BTW, anybody want to sign my employment verification forms? i make a good coffee fetcher...

Oct 11, 17 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

By "self inflicted" I was talking about the pro-red tape profession not you personally :)

Oct 11, 17 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

@David Curtis, sounds like a plan. Perhaps you can also teach me how to model somewhere along the way?

Oct 11, 17 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

btw, i'm also located in the SF bay area. Just saying...

Oct 11, 17 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
archi_dude

David is not licensed so he can't sign off on your hours btw.

Oct 12, 17 12:52 am  · 
 · 
G4tor

oh i know, i just want him to teach me how to be a model.

Oct 13, 17 1:01 am  · 
 · 
archi_dude

David, read the form. It seems to clearly state otherwise.

Dec 15, 17 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

I submitted my request for eligibility more than two months ago (for CA), left two voicemails since and still nothing. Is this normal?

Dec 15, 17 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
proto

call them...they do answer the phone

Dec 15, 17 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

Called them twice so far. Left a voicemail both times per their directions.

Dec 15, 17 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

I just went through this. 

I sent my check with application on November 3rd. December 8th I received my eligibility confirmation and permission to test(and pay another $100). 

Dec 15, 17 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

Just found the details on this method. Thanks.

Dec 15, 17 5:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: