Archinect
anchor

XL Urban Block Project Review

Peripteral Magic

Hello there,

Spurred by the overwhelming wave of support I received from fellow Archinect members after my last post, I thought I would share my latest online publication featuring a competition entry submitted a few years ago. It was a proposal for an XL mixed-use self-sufficient urban block in Barcelona, Spain. Don't be shy and let me know what you think about it... 

https://issuu.com/peadar_mcgra...

Cheers! 

PS. Let this be my personal tribute to Robin Hood Gardens which is now being demolished... sniff sniff... :( 

Sep 2, 17 12:36 pm
randomised

Those talking seagulls were the best and worst part.

Sep 2, 17 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
Peripteral Magic

Seagulls? Are you kidding? Sad to see you're still out of touch with reality, mate... It's plain to see that those birds are crows... they're black, for Christ's sake! ​

Sep 3, 17 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Really? Would have sworn it was seagullian when I read it

Sep 4, 17 4:01 am  · 
 · 
Yeah gotta say the bird dialogue made me laugh and go WTF at the same time. Renderings don't give me a "home" feeling (something elusive in multi-unit residential) and I question the site strategy. To just give over the land to athletic fields (unless they are already present) seems odd.
Sep 4, 17 9:20 am  · 
 · 
Peripteral Magic

Thanks for the input. The site strategy is justified by the blatant lack of green areas in Barcelona, a city generally regarded as being "paradise on Earth". There is a pressing demand to provide more green areas for residents. La Sagrera Linear Park, which is now under construction and is adjacent to the site of the proposal, will mitigate mildly this problem. The proposal tries to maximise this by handing over most of the site area to the park, making the linear park even bigger. I don't see anything odd about that... I would call it exploiting the conditions of the context, it's been done before... I haven't invented anything here. But thanks again for the feedback, JM... it's always good to hear someone else's view.

Sep 4, 17 10:15 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Did you win?

Sep 5, 17 4:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: