Archinect
anchor

Dropout or Stay?

tmcewan

Hey everyone, I am facing a dilemma of whether I should dropout or stay. I am now finishing my second year in my undergrad and am worried its not what I want to follow due to financial reasons. I live out of home working a casual job 3 days a week and don't want to be finishing my Masters at the age of 26-27 and then start making so coin, money that I've heard is not the great for what you put in. I enjoy what I do and am one of the top students in my year so I am worried I will regret the decision if I move back home and get an apprenticeship as an Electrician or so.... To add to this I don't want to enter  a field thats going to keep my indoors my entire life and not use my hands, as I have done work experience and had mixed feelings on it. 

Just wondering if anyone took the jump out and now regrets it or if they stuck in there and don't regret it? 

Thanks 

Aug 22, 17 7:35 pm
archinine
From the comments it would seem most regret it. See other posts about the regret. And as D.C. Would say, "yes everyone should quit"
Aug 22, 17 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
tmcewan

I should also add Im from Australia

\

Aug 22, 17 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

If the only reasons are financial you'll probably regret it later on. This field can keep you indoors and not work with your hands besides clicking the mouse and tapping the keyboard, if you let it. But it's not a given. There are plenty of architects out there that get their hands dirty and breath in plenty of fresh air on a daily basis.

Aug 23, 17 2:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: