Archinect
anchor

Cedric Price Works

With the recent publication "Cedric Price Works" by the AA, I'm wondering what you can tell me about him as he is considered a pioneer in expanding the field of architecture and at times being called an "architecture editor."

Do you see any relevance in his work for our contemporary practices?

May 3, 17 8:35 pm
randomised

Where to start and where to end? http://www.audacity.org/SM-26-11-07-01.htm

May 4, 17 6:10 pm  · 
randomised

A lot can happen in 4 years...

Mar 4, 21 6:11 pm  · 
 · 

For a start check out these old Bldbgblog  posts (1 and 2) from Geoff Manaugh and a thread re: a 1966 Cedric Price quote "I think more architects should keep the words clarity, coherence, mood, quality, conviction, presence and power to themselves."

May 7, 17 12:49 pm  · 
1  · 

Might also want to Read Will Alsop's memories of Cedric Price and an Edwin Heathcote review of the 2005 Cedric Price exhibit at London's Design Museum.

May 7, 17 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

And with today's discussions of smart cities, urban informatics and IoT/AI, how could a project like Munich Village/ Olympia 1971 –72, not be relevant?

a competition to design the central square for the Munich Olympic Village...Price planned to wire the square with sensors that would transmit environmental data to a central “brain,” a large interactive sphere displaying up-to-the-minute stats.

via Metropolis Magazine

May 7, 17 1:31 pm  · 
1  · 
zonker

Renzo Piano was/is influenced by him. Center Pompidou - California Academy of Sciences and others - are all "fun Palaces"

Mar 4, 21 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: