Archinect
anchor

Please DO NOT name your dog this terrible NAME!

collartim

Here's the name: Cocaine Ronald. That's right, Cocaine Ronald. As a dog's name! Well! It's my damn neighbor's dog and it's called that. Dammit! That's NO NAME for a dog -- no ifs ands or BUTS! It's not so much the Cocaine part I don't like but the Ronald part. I do not care to associate with any dog called Ronald nor the caretakers of such an animal that would call any animal by the dreadful name of Ronald!

Oftentimes I will hear some dog owner shout out their dog's name on the street or something, calling it and so forth, and sometimes it's this, like, very common human name. For instance, the dog will be named, 'Kevin', or 'Carl'. Names like that are strictly suited for humans. It make me so damn riled up and angry when I hear it!

Listen, the world is going downhill fast in several ways such as war and famine and big population, computer buggy things, nanotechnology and cloud computing and smart meters, so do your best not to mess it up even more by naming your pets humans damn names! Like naming your bird 'Craig.' 

Jul 26, 11 10:30 pm
MixmasterFestus

My ferret is named Dr. Rupert McWiggles.  I suppose it will make you feel better to know that I rarely call out her full name.

Jul 26, 11 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
Ryan002

My dog's name is Venus. You may think that's okay, like I did. But you'd be wrong, like I was.

Whenever my dog runs off, I'm left hollering "Venus" and everyone thinks I'm yelling "penis". I actually have a T-shirt that reads: "My dog's name is Venus, not penis". 

It's far worse than Ronald, trust me. 

Jul 26, 11 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

My friend has a german shepard named Richard, who's also a service animal.  So the dog has an ID badge (on his collar) with his canine photo and "RICHARD" underneath.

I mean, come on!  I laugh each and every time I see him.

Jul 27, 11 12:50 am  · 
 · 

citizen your comment made me laugh, too.  So silly.

Jul 27, 11 9:19 am  · 
 · 
Purpurina

Collar, do you know if your neighbor’s dog is addicted to fast food? There was a talk on the street that McDs put some coca in their burgers right?

Jul 27, 11 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Our cat's name is George. It suits him. To annoy my partner, I often call him Darren, Sharon, Simon, Mavis or whatever else comes to mind. I refer to him as her or she. The cat's not bothered. The next cat will be called Donald probably, but I like Murray.

I think Ryan has a good point. In the same way you go through prospective children's names testing against potential rhyming and close affiliates (Art, Cart, Dart, E-art...), you should go through pets names as they will sound when you are yelling for them outside to come and get their dinner:

'Murray!'

Jul 27, 11 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
dia

ps. Cocaine Ronald is a shitty name

Jul 27, 11 9:49 pm  · 
 · 

The cat's not bothered.  Universal truth.

We used to have a dog named Debbie, which was the name my dad wanted but mom overruled for both my sister and me.

Jul 27, 11 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I knew a guy in LA who had three dogs. Their names were "Rollo," "Jocko," and "Mr. Steve."

Jul 27, 11 11:40 pm  · 
 · 

upon my arrival to california in mid seventies, as soon as i learned how to speak english, i bought an old vw bug and start to travel in the state, picking up hitch hikers, camping around and staying in abandoned canneries and other buildings on the coast, meeting hippies and beatniks like myself. one of the most interesting person i met in mendocino up in northern california was a hobo philosopher, a really good one, and had a beautiful and smartest shepherd dog, his best friend, named, drum roll here.., "yogurt miss mogurt" and he would always call with her full name...  

Jul 28, 11 12:17 am  · 
1  · 

btw, i thought the name was beautiful and i 'would' name a dog like that if it fits her personality. i kind of like cocaine ronald too.. my first dog's name was mike.. sorry OP...

Jul 28, 11 12:56 am  · 
 · 
randy1

"fido" works for me. but how bout  (male) "jack" or (female) "jill".and i named my AKC lab "shinnecocks princess jennifer" or "jenny"

Feb 6, 12 2:15 pm  · 
 · 

"Taxi"

Feb 6, 12 4:28 pm  · 
1  · 
JonathanLivingston

"Revit"

I have practice yelling obscenities at the name already. 

Feb 17, 12 4:28 pm  · 
1  · 
JonathanLivingston

Sorry Revit shit all over your model. shouldn't of let that dog in the office.

Mar 14, 22 4:25 pm  · 
1  · 
marjorieondrasek

I named my puppy Kevin and it suits him. I think it's a wonderful name for a dog. Get lots of strange looks and comments of " Kevin, why kevin" but he's truly a Kevin.

Oct 5, 16 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Anaughtybear

Disagree. Respect your pet and give them a decent name. All the Muffins and Stormies out there make me want to barf. While we're at it, the vet clinic can stop putting quotation marks around the pet names. It's not a quote, it's a proper name, whether they are human or not.

Mar 13, 22 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Your very first comment on this site is to dig up a 10 year old thread completely unrelated to architecture.

Mar 13, 22 10:04 pm  · 
3  · 
bowling_ball

I'm kind of impressed

Mar 13, 22 10:04 pm  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

Legendary

Mar 13, 22 10:40 pm  · 
2  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

I named my dog Shithead.

Mar 14, 22 6:19 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Is it pronounced "shih-teed?"

Mar 14, 22 9:14 am  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

Necro thread aside, what are your pets' names? We have three house cats:

Fozzie (aka Fozberg Ponchabelli)

Floyd (Floydus Stomparoundi)

Ziggy 

Two barn cats (feral rescue): Mojo and Jojo. 

Three goats: Willy, Wally, Bella

Five hens--no names, but recently deceased are Rooster Girl, Penguin Girl, Gray, Black, and Eddie the Rooster. 

Mar 14, 22 9:03 am  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

I am currently caring for a very sweet pit bull named Penny, who actually belongs to a friend of mine whose life fell apart, so Penny can stay with me for as long as needed up to and including permanently if it comes to that.

Penny had a beagle brother named George, but we lost him not that long ago.

My two Australian kelpies that were with me for 13 & 14 years were named Chloe and Mandy.

Mar 14, 22 3:03 pm  · 
1  · 
Almosthip

I have two cats.   Link and Thunder Cat

Mar 14, 22 10:48 am  · 
2  · 
tduds

I'm sorry but Cocaine Ronald is an incredible name. 

Mar 14, 22 2:14 pm  · 
3  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

An improvement over Just Say No Nancy

Mar 14, 22 2:20 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

Add a comma between the two parts, and it's a felony purchase at a car window.

Mar 14, 22 2:34 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: