Archinect
anchor

Obtaining an internship with a firm for school

bfar4526

Hey all,

Thanks for taking time to read this! Here is my situation, I am a student enrolled in a community college to obtain my A.A degree in liberal arts. My goal is to transfer over to college that offers a quality architecture program. What everyone in my situation wants, right?  Anyways, I have been actively searching for a part time job outside of architecture to get my hands wet, as I have had no job yet, but have had no success. I have been thinking, even though I am not in a program yet, that getting an internship at firm might be better. I am wondering how go about this? My reasoning is that it will make my college application more complete.

If this is the right train of thought, do I email local firms my interest, or call them explaining my situation. I feel like I need more hands on experience. I have taken 4 years worth of drafting classes, and a couple classes in community college.

What do you recommend?  Once again thank you for bearing with this long. I just want to look the best over the rest of the competition as this field has been fuel, and desire since I was a freshman in high school.  

Jul 7, 11 11:53 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: