Archinect
anchor

Concrete adhesive?

infernocp

I have a birdbath that my friend knocked over and cracked in two. I've tried a few things to glue it back together, but so far nothing seems to hold. Any suggestions?

Jan 9, 05 11:50 am
TED

--never speak to that friend again

--birds are dirty and lazy and perhaps getting rid of that birdbath will help eliminate pigeons and such

--subsitute plastic dishpan, good for the environment as plastic is generally a recyled material. easy to scrub

--artifical plastic birds [generally you can get better colors, more exotic species and they last longer than the boring ones found in nature]

--build a supporting form to hold 1/2 of the bird bath at a tipped angle. the birds will still come.

Jan 9, 05 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
infernocp

allow me to further explain.... the birdbath is my girlfriend's, the friend is mine. You see the predicament?

Jan 9, 05 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
TED

boy your in trouble......alternate suggestions

--create a story about this very very large golden eagle that landed on the edge of the bath and tipped it over [she would completely be so un-patriot if she were so say something so bad about americas bird]

--consider proposing to her. tell her you were going to surpise her on new years but better late than never.

--you could try epoxy adhesive [but most likely will have to have some support piece under it like a very thin piece of aluminum]. dont bother with places like home depot to get it. you need a construction grade product. in chi town i utilized a grouped call mccann . you might ring them and they will make a specific recommendation. else look in your local bluebook guide and find local construction supply house.

--south america is very nice this time of year.....

Jan 9, 05 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
pia555

Two words Gorilla Glue

One part polyurethane. Make sure to clamp the pieces together.

After it cures (12 hours) it'll never come apart at that same crack.

I've used it for gluing conc. pavers together

Jan 9, 05 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

a tube of construction adhesive and tie the thing with a rope as clamping overnight

Jan 9, 05 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

liquid nail.

Jan 9, 05 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

dude, i wouldn't use liquid nails for something like that. remember, this glue has to be strong enough to hold your relationship together as well as the concrete.

Jan 9, 05 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i use liquid nails for when i bring chicks home from the bar. know what i mean?

Jan 9, 05 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i call it "liquid ass"

Jan 9, 05 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

what time is it?

Jan 9, 05 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
TED

le bossman gets 2 points. hey come on.....he wants :

1]..a good excuse
2]...relationship ADvise
3].......directions to the nearest dyi so that he can replace the thing.....

is this the best we can offer....liquid nails?

Jan 9, 05 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
infernocp

liquid nails didn't hold.... but I still got laid for trying :)

Jan 9, 05 10:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: