Archinect
anchor

Dr. Strangelove and Montgomery Burns as Architects

sonorousrecalcitrance

How do you think these two notable fellows would fare as architects? Monty Burns most definitely has the background for undertaking such tasks as the design of the Springfield capital hall, and the type of discrimination required to do so effectively. He once designed a mass factory for the entrapment of endangered oceanic species. He also had an ingenious contraption to deprive all sunlight from all Springfield commoners. He is arrogant, well mannered and intuitive like all great architects and so keen as to have the entire dictionary in his head.

And how about Dr. Strangelove, the overt intellectual seen in the Kubrick piece about the cold war?

Why can't those idiots in Hollywood think up something interesting like Austen Power's and Dr. Evil take on Dr. Strangelove for the next blockbuster? I can already see it:

"I'm Doctor Evil."

"No, I'M Doctor Evil, I did not attend evil medical school for eight years to have your crippled little ass rob me of my name."

"Hey, you can't fight in here, this is a WAR ROOM."

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Dec 24, 04 2:25 am
sonorousrecalcitrance

You may be doctor evil, but I'm an evil doctor.

Dec 24, 04 2:30 am  · 
 · 
sonorousrecalcitrance

And in this one, if I have any participations in it, (it IS my idea) I wouldn't have any ridiculous dance sing-along songs with all the actors flaring about causing me to want to choke myself and down 6 shots.

Dec 24, 04 2:37 am  · 
 · 
sonorousrecalcitrance

Or how about Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel as an architect. He could make a barnyard stripclub for all his stripper daughters or a storage area for his roadkill he has for dinner.

Dec 24, 04 3:02 am  · 
 · 
sonorousrecalcitrance

Rem Koolhaas could play Dr. Strangelove in that Austen Powers movie.
Or Peter Eisenman, for that matter.

Dec 24, 04 3:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: