Archinect
anchor

DETAILS

Does anyone have a link or two where i can download free exterior wall sections (cavity with foundation, etc.)? Thanks

Dec 10, 04 12:04 pm
mmm3

ha, no. can anyone recommend an architectural book (or series of books) that shows good details. i'm tired of pretty architectural books that make oohhh and ahhhh but don't show construction details.

Dec 11, 04 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
gringodms50

well there's always the DETAILS magazine . european ( ithink it's german or smthg)
it has 12 issues a year i guess , and excellent details

Dec 11, 04 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
plusminus

i also think the detail magazine is best..
you should check it out for details. - it comes out of germany but is published in 3 languages.

also they have books that deal with different topics.. check amazon..

Dec 11, 04 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
plusminus
www.detail.de
Dec 11, 04 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
gringodms50

thx plusminus for the link i didn't know what it was

Dec 11, 04 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, i'll third detail magazine and thier books. also, try this

Dec 11, 04 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
Maestro

Even if you found one it's not recommended. All details are unique even if they share in the same method of assembly. The best research if available to you is old project, or past sets of drawings. Understand the logic of the detail and assembly, and the rest is problem solving to make the detail work for your particular situation

And remember, everything moves, everything leaks, and nothing fits.

Dec 11, 04 6:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: