Archinect
anchor

Architectural Romance Novel

LITS4FormZ

No one understands what we do...Here's the first few lines of the book description...

"When Adeline Parker decides to celebrate landing a coveted internship at one of Chicago’s most prestigious architectural firms by indulging in a brutally dark and handsome man, she gets more than she bargained for...."

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17130504-restoring-jordan?fb_action_ids=10152183217597253&fb_action_types=books.wants_to_read

You can figure out where it goes from there. I bet they don't even mention bathroom details or code research. 

Jun 16, 14 11:06 pm

Sounds better than The Fountainhead....

Jun 17, 14 12:41 am  · 
 · 
drewjmcnamara
Maybe they understand perfectly well what we should be doing.

Maybe not.
Jun 17, 14 1:31 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Terrible idea...architects don't read!

Jun 17, 14 1:35 am  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

Very meta of you jla-x

Jun 17, 14 8:52 am  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

Also, if you want a pretty decent novel about the life of an architect, check this book out:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Architect-James-Williamson/dp/1583852050

Jun 17, 14 8:54 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

'Adeline, full of passion, dragged her brutally dark man into the men's room, too excited to make it home, and exclaimed 'i'm so excited the ADA was revised to allow a single urinal to be at a decent height.  17" just isn't enough'

that was an architect double-entendre.  think i have a future as an architect romance novelist?

Jun 17, 14 9:36 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ
Architectural novelist may be more lucrative that architectural technologist.
Jun 17, 14 11:21 pm  · 
 · 

There are one hundred pages of reviews of the book on that site....I read about eight of them. Yikes.

curtkram your comment is perfect and far more clever than all of the 100 reviews on that page put together.

Jun 18, 14 12:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: