Archinect
anchor

Mean Curve command in Autocad

Does anyone know a command in Autocad that does the equivalent of the MeanCurve command in Rhino? I am trying to generate averaged curves for a site plan. 

The best I've found so far is the "M2P" subcommand but it is still tremendously tedious. 

Appreciate any help!

Jun 16, 14 2:00 pm
ArchNyen

NoOoooOo... do not make the curves mean, make them good.

The Architect God saw that the curve was good, so he divided the good from the mean.

Jun 16, 14 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Thecyclist

I once needed to draw topo lines directly between existing topo lines in a dwg. The existing lines were drawn at 2' changes in elevation, and I needed 1' lines.

My solution was to use a LISP in AutoCAD called RollingBall. Here is the link to the source website, and it roughly shows how it works. I hope it can work for you.

LISP routines are pretty much user programmed commands. Do 'install' them into autoCAD, I believe I just dragged the text of the LSP file into the command box in AutoCAD...quite simple.

One drawback I believe I found when using RollingBall was that it didn't seem to work between two splines, I had to convert them to plines.

I hope this help!

-cyclist

Jun 16, 14 8:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: