My name is Victor Rodriguez and being an Interior Designer was not always what I planned for my future, unlike some people who have been inspired by HGTV, I fell into it by accident during my interest in Architecture. I had to do a “personal project” that could be on any topic I wanted and my choice was to make my dream house. I slowly realized that I had more fun designing what went into the house then the exterior. To me, being creative and fun is part of my life and it shows most when working on the space planning aspect of a project. The approach I now take with schematic designing is to brainstorm a wide variety of solutions, choose the strongest aspects of each variation, and execute one grand plan. During my contract design class I discovered this way of thinking. I am always looking to push the boundaries of design and I like to be challenged. When not in school I enjoy drawing random images that come to mind and working on Sudoku puzzles to ensure the creative juices continue to flow.
Hyatt Corporation, Chicago, IL, US, Intern in Architecture and Design
- ORGANIZED PROJECT LIBRARY BY CATALOGING CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS AND SPECIFICATION BOOKS
- HELPED WITH PROPERTY IMPROVEMENT PLAN DOCUMENTS
- REVIEWED FF&E SPECIFICATIONS FOR MODEL ROOMS AND OTHER AREAS IN A HOTEL
Community Home Supply, Chicago, IL, US, Intern
- WORKED ON FIXTURE SPECIFICATIONS FOR DESIGNERS TO PRESENT TO CLIENTS
- ASSISTED CUSTOMERS WITH FINDING THE BEST SOLUTION TO THEIR PROBLEM SUCH AS FINDING PRODUCTS IN THE SHOWROOM OR PROVIDING BROCHURES ON OUR PRODUCTS
- RESEARCHED SPECIALTY PRODUCTS SUCH AS COLLAPSIBLE SHOWER HEADS
International Academy of Design & Technology, Chicago, IL, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Studio classes include: Commercial, Residential, Lighting, Kitchen and Bath, Furniture, and Contract Design
Senior Capstone Project - Addressed multi-generational trend in the workplace by designing an office for different age groups and work styles.