see all...Viewing 3 out of 8 projects
My name is T.R. Badger. In the spring of 2013, I have received my Masters of Architecture degree at the University of Arizona. I also received a Bachelor’s of Science in Architecture/Urban Planning from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in May 2010. My specific interest in architecture is focused towards graphic design, drafting, engineering and architectural urban design.
Before studying architecture,I was fully involved in various activities such as basketball, music, performing arts, peer mentoring, community service activities, computer technology and church. Throughout my upbringing, I was heavily influenced by education, athletics, diversity and my local community. Throughout my collegiate career, my main focus of study was architecture. Within my major, I incorporated my studies in architecture, along with other various courses I took such as humanities, engineering and urban design. I combined them all into full interdisciplinary package where I could use each of their aspects from what I learned and explored in order for me to develop visual ideas for future architectural projects. One of my major goals is to become a positive influence amonst my peers professionally and socially along with seeking opportunities to enhance my skills in visual graphic imagery and design large-scale or small-scale developments in order to improve the quality of life for all people.
One of the most important values that I have learned studying architecture is more than designing a building, but an key component in communication and maintaining relationships with people. I believe that by understanding the principles of architecture and its compatibility with various subjects, it creates an open image of people, culture, diversity and the quality of life. Architecture is a influential element that embodies our everyday life. I see architecture as multiple pieces of a puzzle that has a connection with one another in order to define one entire picture. There are so many elements in this world that all correlate to one another which also allows us to develop our own definition of life.
Electrical Consultants, Inc., Phoenix, AZ, US, Arch.-Engr. Designer/Drafter
University of Arizona Information Technology Services, Tucson, AZ, US, IT Printer Technician Specialists
- Instructed 50 + students on how to prepare and print large plotting files.
- Provided support for 50+ students pertaining to issues on the plotter during a print job
- Responsible for supplying inventory and monitoring all 5 plotters, 20+ ink jets and cartridges in the CALA building.
- Responsible for stocking and displaying large paper rolls.
- Develop 5 online tutorials for printing directions using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat and AutoCAD 2013.
Upward Bound TRiO Summer Program at Pima Community College-Desert Vista, Tucson, AZ, US, Upward Bound Instructor and Tutor in Architecture
My role was this position was to teach high school students the fundamentals of architectural design. My goal was to have the students explore and learn how architecture plays an important role in the world. I encouraged my students to develop their own personal design strategies and artistic craft along with understanding the specific standards that professional architects have to follow within their own practices. The main objective that I wanted my students to learn is that architecture is relative to all other academic subjects in which they all contribute to the quality of life.
- Taught 4 classes with 15+ high school students per class about the fundamentals of architecture.
- Conducted 5+ workshops on presentation skills and lab work sessions with the students.
- Provided tutoring for 50 high school upward bound students.
- Constructed a summer long syllabus describing the general overview of the weekly assignments and activities.
- Assigned homework to all students.
- Provided availability hours after-school for tutoring and mentoring.
University of Arizona Information Technology Services, Tucson, AZ, US, Assistant Architectural CAD Drafter & Surveyor
My role was to draft in AutoCAD plot points for a steep hill in the San Xavier Indian Reservation south of Tucson. My responsibility was to survey the site and locate the appropriate point dimensions upon its location on the hill through 2D drafting in AutoCAD. The objective of this project was to develop a 3d drawing of the hill in the reservation in order to inform engineers about the site analysis.
- Participated site analyzing with a professional surveyor.
- Drafted plot points for a steep hill in the San Xavier Indian Reservation south of Tucson, AZ
- Used AutoCAD 2013 to draft topographic lines of the hills at the San Xavier Indian Reservation.
- Used AutoCAD 2013 to draft and layout data points upon the sloped hill in the reservation.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, US, Classroom Support Technician (U.I.T.S.)
Providing the best technological solutions and support to meet the needs of the University through computers and digital technology. My job was to assure that every member of our campus community can benefit from our technological resources. UITS provides a wide range of instructional services and support such as Audio/Visual Equipment, Multimedia Classrooms, Multimedia Access, Conferencing and Distance Learning, FAQ and contact information.
- Responsible for opening and locking 25 classrooms with built-in projectors and other technical resources.
- Responsible for delivering and picking up UITS projectors during request times of renting technical equipment.
- Performed customer service by answering daily phone calls regarding technical issues.
- Providing technical support and tutorials for 50+ professors inside their classrooms daytime school hours.
- Confirmed and organized 100+ faculty request sheets for borrowing UITS projectors and technical equipment during scheduled class times.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, US, Driver and Dispatcher for UWM Be On the Safe Side (B.O.S.S.)
My job was to safely transport students to their destinations within the local community of UW-Milwaukee. Be On the Safe Side provides van transportation to the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee students as a core component of UWM's commitment to campus safety. B.O.S.S. Functions to promote a safe environment for members of the UWM community to live, work and study.
- Provided transportation for UWM students and public visitors in the university district
- Driven B.O.S.S. mini-vans to transport students and passengers.
- Dispatched calls and requests for pick-up rides and drop-offs
- Worked third-hour shifts driving and dispatching.
- Answered 500+ phone calls and used MS Excel to organize pick up rides according to the time of the call.
- Responsible for logging in data information such as mileage, amounts of gas, number of passengers during each hour.
- Driven passenger all year round during the summer and winter.
- Responsible for providing safety for passengers in the vans and outside the vans, making sure they arrive at their destination safely.
- Provided customer services as far as information, questions and providing safe transportation for people under the influence of alcohol.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, US, Student Assistant & Tutor- Ronald E. McNair Baccalaureate Program
Mentoring and assisting McNair students with their research methods and editing their presentations and papers. As a former McNair student, I was required to participate in student panels discussing about the experience and expectations of researching and shadowing professors within their specific study. Other seminars included assisting students with writing techniques, graduate school preparation, personal statement writing seminars and poster development.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, US, Desk Attendant/Bowling Mechanic for the UWM Recreation Center
Providing students the opportunity to have relaxation in recreational activities such as bowling, billiards, table tennis and video games. The Rec Center is located in the lower level of the UWM Student Union across from the Gasthaus Bar & Grill. The Rec Center is an alcohol and smoke-free facility.
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, US, MArch, College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
The School of Architecture is devoted to professional education with a sensibility honed in the edge conditions of an extreme climate on a major international border. Located in the oldest continuously-inhabited city in the United States, the School combines a culturally rich past with cutting-edge environmental research in its place-based design approach to the arid environment.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, US, Bachelors, School of Architecture and Urban Planning
Bachelor of Science, Architectural Studies (BSAS) is a four-year undergraduate program that prepares students for professional, masters-level training in architecture and other design fields.
University of Arizona Graduate College Fellowhip, Scholarship
The Graduate College allocates cash awards to academic units through the respective dean's office to recruit and retain top international or domestic graduate students.
Findorff Minority Scholarship Award - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Scholarship
This award was granted to students of African-American, Latino-American, Native-American or other native descent that are studying in the School of Architecture and Urban Planning. The purpose of this award was to financially assist minority students and encourage them to graduate the program