A professional writer for 21 years, I love to write on a wide range of subjects, including architecture, real estate, business and travel. I have published in the Boston Business Journal, Victorian Homes, The Improper Bostonian, the Boston Herald, Banker & Tradesman, Boston Homes, the Cambridge Chronicle and other leading publications.
For Pressley Associates Landscape Architects of Cambridge, MA, I wrote project summary sheets, proposals, business query letters and press releases, three of which I published in the New England Real Estate Journal, Landscape Architect Business Magazine and High-Profile Monthly. For Dakota Partners of Waltham, MA (formerly Architectural Partners of Watertown, MA), I wrote newsletters, project sheets and press releases, one of which was published on a section front of the New England Real Estate journal.
My 21 years of copyediting experience includes book manuscripts, school papers, doctoral dissertations, screenplays and Wikipedia entries. I am also an expert researcher, online and in the library.
Pressley Associates Landscape Architects, Cambridge, MA, US, Marketing Director
• Launched Pressley’s first e-newsletter, LinkedIn profile, Twitter account and blog. Wrote texts and took professional-quality photographs for them.
• Wrote, photo-coordinated and published press releases on Pressley’s landscape projects in the New Eng-land Real Estate Journal, Landscape Architect Business Magazine, and High-Profile Monthly.
• Initiated the expansion of the website to include a new section on Pressley’s residential landscapes.
• Arranged the company’s front-page, full-page advertisement in New England Home Magazine, which generated a job lead. Placed ads in ArchitectureBoston magazine and New England Real Estate Journal. Forged the increase of the latter ad to a half-page size from a quarter-page size at the quarter-page rate.
• Coordinated the firm’s first in-office networking soiree with New England Home Magazine as part of the advertising package. Event attracted well-known architects from firms including LDa Architecture.
• Wrote business query letters and compiled Excel client contact lists for president William Pressley. Developed a marketing strategy of outreach to past and prospective clients in collaboration with him.
• Wrote and edited project summary sheets. Upgraded the summary sheet template and a PowerPoint presentation on Pressley’s corporate landscapes to reflect its new company brand.
• Tracked Requests for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications. Recommended suitable ones to the principals. Assembled proposal and qualification packages. Wrote Designer Selection Board texts for them.
• Created Pressley’s first formal marketing budget and marketing expense report in several years, in collaboration with the company president and controller. Monitored all marketing initiatives and expenses.
Dakota Partners (formerly Architectural Partners), Waltham, MA, US, Marketing Coordinator
• Managed the firm’s entire marketing/promotional campaign, laying the foundations for its growth from a struggling architectural firm into a successful design/build/development company.
• Wrote and edited content of newsletters, press releases, project description sheets, staff resumes and biographies in collaboration with the principals. Upgraded the appearance of those documents with cleaner layouts, crisper texts, sharper graphics and more pictorial images. Color-corrected images with Photoshop.
• Increased the firm’s visibility by publishing a press release on the groundbreaking of their Weston View condominium development on a section front page of the New England Real Estate Journal.
• Maintained the firm’s Excel database of internal and client contacts. Expanded it by more than 50%.
• Designed the first logo of the firm’s development wing to mark their industrial transition period from mere architectural services to a fuller scope of development and design/build services.
• Streamlined the production of marketing collateral, reducing printing costs by half.
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME, US, Bachelors, Philosophy
B.A. in philosophy, magna cum laude. Also studied English, German, History, Film
• Served as Assistant Editor for the Bowdoin Orient, the weekly campus newspaper. Wrote numerous articles on various aspects of campus life.