Hi my name is Tamara Gelvin. I’m a versatile Interior Designer/Job Captain who is passionate about design. The Department of Interior Design at California State University, Chico has provided me with a great education that encouraged me to explore many different ways of design. Through the university’s extensive study abroad programs, I was also able to study in Torino, Italy where I focused in Urban Design and Interior Design. I have also taken Autodesk Revit courses at UC Berkeley where I mastered basic and intermediate skills in the program to make 3D models and renderings. I took several classes in AutoCAD at Pasadena City College and have over 10 years of working experience with the program.
Currently, I am living in the Bay Area but am looking to broaden my horizons. I love to travel and am up for relocating for the right job. Although I have professional experience in both commercial and residential aspects of the design industry, my current objective is to participate in advanced project work for an industry leader focused in hospitality/restaurant design. I love learning anything new and often wear many hats at my work. If I don’t know how to do something by the end of the day I’ll have an answer for you as I have a passion for figuring out things. My last position as Interior Designer I also acted as Job Captain and managed a small team in all phases of projects from Design Development to Construction Administration.
I enjoy working with a team and sharing my knowledge as well as learning from others. However I also am a self-starter who is up for any challenge. I’m currently working towards getting certified in LEED and hope to work for a firm that designs in environmentally-conscious ways.
GL PLANNING AND DESIGN INC., San Francisco, CA, US, Job Captain/Interior Designer
• Managed all phases of projects from conceptual design to construction administration for complex higher educational, research and manufacturing facilities.
• Produced drawings for programming, schematic design, design development and construction documents.
• Lead team to ensure project adhere to schedule and budget.
• Coordinated with clients, subcontractors, building inspectors and vendors.
• Researched and implemented CBC and ADA requirements within projects.
• Responsible for FF&E selection, material boards and presentation material.
PROJECTS: Genentech South San Francisco and Vacaville campuses - Laboratories and Research Facilities • University of California, Merced – SCIF • University of California – Helen Diller Family Cancer Research Facility • Amgen – Laboratories
T GOODWIN AND ASSOCIATES, San Francisco, CA, US, Job Captain/Interior Designer
• Produced drawings for schematic design, design development and construction document phases.
• Verified as-built conditions, researched building codes, visited job sites and created punch lists. Managed all construction administration.
• Responsible for FF&E selection and presentation material for client meetings.
PROJECTS: World Savings – Office • John Hancock – Office TI • FIDM – Higher Education • Schetter Electric- Office TI • Grainger - Retail
JEFF LITKE PROPERTIES INC.: ASSOCIATES, San Francisco, CA, US, Job Captain/Interior Designer
• Managed all projects from design development to construction documents.
• Independently prepared sketches, renderings, construction documents sets and shop drawings.
• Responsible for obtaining building permits.
• Coordinated with building owners, clients, subcontractors, team members, building inspectors and vendors.
PROJECTS: 350 Sansome St – Office TI • Renne Soloan and Holtzman and Sakai – Office TI • Crunch – GYM • AIPAC – Office TI • 300 Broadway St – Office TI • 1445 Chateau Bellevue – Senior Living Center and Condos • 2085 Sacramento St – Multi Family Renovation
HOUSE AND ROBERTSON ARCHITECTS, INC., Los Angeles, CA, US, Interior Designer
• Assisted in the production and coordinating of bid packages, presentation material, construction documents and sketches.
• Interfaced with team members, clients, designers, consultants and vendors.
• Responsible for FF&E selection, 2D/3D rendering and material boards.
• Project administrator for LEED-NC building certification submittal.
PROJECTS: Katsuya by Stark – Restaurant • Slab by Stark – Supper Club • Shelter by Stark – Supper Club • Prey by Stark – Nightclub • HavenPark – Mixed Use • aloft by W – Hotel • Mondrian – Hotel • Fuller Worship and Library – Intuitional • The California Endowment Headquarters – Office
GINGER ATHERTON AND ASSOC., Beverly Hill, CA, Assistant Interior Designer
• Generated floor plans and perspective drawings by hand, material boards, custom furniture designs and presentation material for clients.
• Coordinated with contractors, sub-contractors, clients, building management and vendors.
PROJECTS: John Fogerty – Estate • Eva Longoria – Estate • Staged luxury estates
University of California, Berkeley, San Francisco, CA, US, Revit Architecture Course
Learn the fundamentals of building information modeling (BIM) using Autodesk Revit Architecture. See how to implement and employ BIM software to facilitate the design process and automate documentation. Participate in hands-on activities to familiarize yourself with powerful, parametric 3-D modeling tools that enable you to generate fully coordinated plans, sections, elevations, 3-D perspectives and renderings that are quickly becoming the industry standard.
After completing this course, students will have a working understanding of Revit Architecture's fundamental concepts and can document and develop a design idea through plans, sections, elevations and 3-D modeling simultaneously.
Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA, US, Certificate of Achievement in AutoCAD
Engineering Design Technology, Engineering. Introduction to engineering and technical drawings through the use of sketching, computer-aided drafting (CAD) and dimensioning. Techniques covered include geometric construction, orthographic projection, pictorial methods, section and auxiliary views, basic descriptive geometry, 2D CAD, and 3D CAD parametric solid modeling.
Use of Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) in the preparation of two-dimensional Architectural/Engineering/Construction drawings. Hands-on assignments using the most common CAD drawing and editing commands and viewing options; automatic dimensioning, text placement and area patterning; CAD productivity tools and techniques including arraying features, creating symbol libraries and acquiring existing designs from internet resources, and referencing multiple drawings together; plotting drawings on paper, public presentations of drawing projects.
California State University, Chico, Chico, CA, US, BArch, Interior Design
Scuola de Amministrazione Aziendale Torino, Italy, Torino, Italy, High School, Urban Design and Intieor Design
Study Abroad Program