- T. Joseph Surjan
- Mr. Surjan holds degrees from The University of Wisconsin, The University of Pennsylvania & Columbia University.
- He has been teaching since 1993 at the following schools : Arizona State University, Columbia University, Illinois Institute of Technology, SCI-Arc, UCLA, Woodbury University,Virginia Tech and currently is a Lecturer at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- The architecture firms Mr. Surjan has worked for include : Steven Holl, Reiser + Umemoto, Bohlin Cywinski Jackson and Stanley Tigerman.
- In 2000, he was recipient of the Young Architects Award from the Architectural League of New York.
- In 2005, Mr. Surjan was one of five international finalist for the Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania to commemorate the events of 9/11.
- Mr. Surjan is founding chair of C_UP ( competitions unite people / chicago's underground practice), a group which has done over 100 competitions in the last five year.
- C_UP’s work has been exhibited at the London Festival of Architecture, WIRED magazine’s NEXTfest, and is in the permanent collection of the Children’s Defense Fund.
- Last & most importantly, Mr. Surjan is rower…with more than 41 million lifetime meters in competitive long-distance rowing events.
Areas of Specialization
Architecture, Landscape, Urban Planning, Photography, Graphic Design / Signage, Writing, Furniture Design