Silvia Piccione is a Italian architect practicing architectural design, energy retrofitting and technical investigations between buildings environmental performance and parametric and design tools.
Co-founder of JPSP Atelier a sustainable design based architectural practice, she has been enrolled as part One architect of the MCA team in Bologna, where she joined in 2012. She was assistant architect in charge of the Bocconi Campus international competition on the revival of the ex-Centrale del Latte area in Milan, the San Berillo masterplan in Catania, the new church in Normanno Calabro. With an increasing focus toward emergency design structures, she has been collaborating in the prototype research of the SMART Pavilion for the 6th World Urban Forum, held in Naples in collaboration with UN Habitat (Nairobi).
Silvia graduated from the Architectural Associations school of London in 2010 where she has been researching on Environmental performances of 1970's building accross Italy. She wrote with DINSE department of Turin Polytechnique a Memorandum of first European Examples in Solar Architecture. She published her research at People and Buildings Master Conference held at the London Metropolitan University, a manifesto of energy retrofitting activity in the Italian climatic zone E, aimed at urban renewable processes. At present, Silvia is developing the "Incompiuto design crime" report within her volounteering activity of FAI youth group coordinator in the precius as abused area of Calabria southern italian region.
For more information please do not hesitate to make an enquiry
• Autodesk Architecture: Autocad, Ecotect Analysis, plug-in Radiance, Revit BIM
• McNeel Rinhoceros Nurbs modelling, plug-in Geco
• Edsl TAS Thermal Analysis Simulation Software 9.2 Latest Version
• Meteonorm v.6.1
• AUC Berkeley Thermal Comfort Tool
• CS5 Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (exceptional graphic skills)
• OS-X I-movie
• Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Languages: Fluent English, Intermediate Spanish, Italian native Language
I am a City Changer - UN Habitat Nairobi
FAI - Fondo Ambiente Italiano
AA - Architectural Association School of Architecture
INarch - Istituto Nazionale di Architettura
Apple Consulting, Italia, IT, Architect, Project design Manager, Construction Site Director, Environmental design analysis
• Preliminary design project understanding, construction programmes and resources.
• Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
• Review resourcing estimates and estimate build costs, preparing claims for additional services/fees.
• Advice and support design teams in the integration of environmental design concepts
and the assessment of building performance.
• Support design teams in the use of environmental simulation tools.
• Construction site co-ordination of suppliers and manufacturers.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
COdesignLab, Naples, IT, Environmental Consultant
• Pavillon prototype design and construction.
• Design simulation and analysis for flexible and temporary outdoor amenities.
• 3d modelling and environmental performance testing
Mario Cucinella Architects, Bologna, IT, Part One Architect
• Design project Understanding
• Responsibility, where required by the project leader, for specific areas of the design and project development
• Preparing, developing and editing drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
• Developing, where required, representations of design options for further discussion by the design team
• Liaison, where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
• Recording evidence of professional experience in accordance with the requirements of the RIBA and Italian Architects Association
• Thorough knowledge of and compliance with quality procedures and standards
• Contributing, or otherwise assist, as required by the Project Leader
INARCH - National Istitute of Architecture, Roma Italy, Building Information Modeling - Revit Architecture
Architectural Association School of Architecture (AA), London, GB, Masters, E+E SED
Thesis research: Energy Retrofitting of Nineteen Seventies Building Stock across Italy
Supervisor: Prof. Simos Yannas
Università degli studi di Roma La Sapienza, Roma Italy, BArch, Architecture and Construction
"Energy retrofitting of 1970’s social housing stock across Italy"
Network for Comfort and Energy Use in Buildings: Proceedings of 2nd Conference: People and Buildings held at Graduate Centre, London Metropolitan University, London, UK,settembre 2012