HI, I'm Stephen Hulka
I currently graduate New York Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Architecture 5 year program.
I've interned at the Suffolk County Planning Department and worked as a freelance draftsperson with Coldwell Banker Manor Gate Realty throughout my years at NYIT.
I'm primarily seeking drafting positions due to my experience and interest in 2D drafting as well as 3D modeling with AutoCAD and Revit. Project renderings are my specialty in Revit, mostly because the renderings really allow everyone to put themselves into the project and understand it much better than simply looking at a black and white orthographic drawing can.
Suffolk County Planning Department, Hauppauge, NY, US, Intern
- assisted planners with research assignments and compiling research data into professional presentations for both client and staff viewing
- worked in conjunction with other interns on group assignments or projects over long periods of time
- interpreted tax map information and zoning ordinances for projects that were reviewed by the Suffolk County Planning Department
All Things Media, Rahway, NJ, US, Independent Contractor
- Collaborating with All Things Media to create a drafting tutorial video for prospective architecture or engineering students in High School about to enter college
- Perform required drafting instructional lessons on drafting vellum demonstrating the proper usage of tools and drafting techniques for beginner drafting exercises
Coldwell Banker Manor Gate Realty, Wantagh, NY, US, Freelance Draftsperson
- Measured and planned houses to be sold by Coldwell Banker
- Displayed room dimensions in all rooms in the given houses
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Old Westbury, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
- Architectural Design Studios that cover building, green space and urban design through precedent studies and model designs
- Structural Design Classes
- Computer Drafting and Modeling / Construction Documentation
Chaminade High School, Mineola, NY, US, High School, N/A
Basic Core High School Studies
+ English / Literature
+ German Language