CUDenver College of Architecture and Planning offers a Bachelor of Science in Architecture and masters programs in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Design and Historic Preservation and a PhD in Design and Planning.
The state’s only architecture school offers an undergraduate architecture degree and 5 graduate programs for students in Denver. Programs are accredited by the Landscape Architectural Accreditation Board (LAAB), National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) and Planning Accreditation Board (PAB).
Learning experiences address real issues facing designers and planners as they create healthier, more sustainable, more meaningful environments. In recent years students:
• built award-winning, solar-powered homes;
• wrote new codes to encourage livelier, safer cities;
• discovered ecological design principles in Colorado ranches;
• proposed ways for neighborhoods to recover from natural disasters;
• designed learning landscapes for elementary school playgrounds;
• designed and built environmentally sustainable homes in the Navajo Nation.
The college is a leader in providing international study opportunities:
• dual MLA degree with Tongji University in Shanghai;
• Gensler internship program that has our students and students from Tongji University studying at the host institution and working in the host city’s Gensler office;
• international urban design summer studio in Shanghai-Nanjing corridor;
• collaborative design studios with Dar Al-Hekma College in Saudi Arabia.
Our award-winning Design-Build Certificate Program takes students to Utah, Guatemala and on local non-profit projects. Students have extensive opportunities for civic engagement, including through paid internships at the college’s Colorado Center for Community Development (CCCD) and Center of Preservation Research (CoPR).
1250 14th Street
Denver, CO, US , 80202