My name is Roland Argomaniz and I am very interested in applying for the Executive Assistant/Marketing Coordinator position currently advertised with Lehrer Architects. My qualifications and background, as outlined in my resume, appear to be an excellent match with the requirements listed for this position.
With a consistent track record for being a very professional, organized and detail oriented individual, I have been able to work in a variety of positions that have fully utilized my communication skills, analytical abilities, and time management techniques. My most recent intern assignments include experience gained through the City of Los Angeles and the City of Norwalk. Both positions allowed me the opportunity to expand my knowledge of urban planning principles, while working closely with planners, architects, and organizations in their efforts to construct various projects.
As a former Press Office Intern with the San Francisco Mayor’s Communications Office, I was able to serve as a liaison between the media and the Mayor’s Office. The responsibilities of this position enabled me to further utilize my research, writing, organizational, and creative skills in order to meet the needs of the office and interact with a variety of City leaders in a fast paced business environment.
My experience as the Managing Editor of the University of San Francisco’s student newspaper, The San Francisco Foghorn, definitely strengthened my abilities to handle impending deadlines and added another dimension to my background. As the Managing Editor I was responsible for producing weekly news articles and opinion pieces for print, while overseeing the annual budget and supervising a variety of student staff members. I truly enjoyed the constant interaction involved in covering the Bay Area news, as well as being a participant and leader on such an enthusiastic team.
I strongly feel the skill set and knowledge I have gained through my work experience would allow me to successfully perform in a position with Lehrer Architects. I am highly motivated in pursuing employment in the areas of planning and architecture. As a passionate believer in community engagement, development, and architecture, I feel the Executive Assistant/Marketing Coordinator position would provide me with the ideal opportunity to contribute to the community, while working towards my ultimate goal of pursuing a graduate education and career in the architectural field.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Roland J. Argomaniz
Policy Planning and Urban Design Studio-Mobility Element - Los Angeles Department of Planning, Los Angeles, CA, US, Planning Intern
• Research and assist in the development of the Los Angeles Mobility Element.
• Conduct community outreach to neighborhood councils and community organizations.
• Attend weekly planning meetings.
• Assist in the management of Mobility Element social media sites and blog.
• Basic understanding of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
City of Norwalk – Planning Department, Norwalk, CA, US, Planning Intern
• Provide information for the public regarding development regulations on the phone and at counter.
• Assist in resolving citizen and customer issues.
• Knowledge of the general plan and zoning requirements. Basic knowledge of site and floor plans.
San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Communications, San Francisco, CA, US, Press Office Intern
• Interact with reporters, journalists, and other media contacts in providing appropriate information.
• Direct constituents to the proper channels of inquiry on media related topics.
• Maintain the Mayor’s social media outlets such as the Mayor’s website, blog, YouTube, Flickr, etc.
• Aid communications officers in organizing and staffing press conferences as needed.
• Communicate with a wide variety of city departments and community development partners.
• Research and draft Mayor’s briefing notes, and attend various press events.
• General administrative office duties, including monitor incoming emails and phone calls.
• Attend Public Information Officials monthly meeting. Prepare/write City proclamations and certificates of honor.
University of San Francisco Student Newspaper - The San Francisco Foghorn, San Francisco, CA, US, Managing Editor/Advertising Manager
• Responsible for generating weekly stories/articles; supervised the Editorial staff and handled any disputes.
• Assisted Copy Editor in editing stories, and work with the Executive Editor in finalizing articles to be published.
• Performed Staff Writer duties and compose weekly articles as needed.
• Oversee the Foghorn budget and advertising.
• Provided community outreach for Bay Area high schools and their publications.
Los Angeles Dodgers Dream Foundation, Los Angeles, CA, US, Marketing Intern
• Learned all aspects of the DDF special fundraising and community outreach events sponsored by the Dodgers and various pro players (i.e. Charity Golf Tournament, DDF Bowling Extravaganza, Baseball Tomorrow Fund, etc.)
• Assisted game day responsibilities including silent auction events, greeting/escorting DDF pre-game guests throughout the stadium and on the field. Participation in over 50 games throughout the season.
• Completed long term/short term projects involving general office responsibilities, handling mailers for DDF fundraising events and planning/organizing the Dodger Youth Baseball Camps.
J. Crew, Brea, CA, US, Sales Associate
Customer Service and sales duties.
University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, US, Bachelors, Media Studies
USF’s Department of Media Studies is a liberal arts-based program in media analysis and media production. Combining theory and practice, Media Studies' students learn how to analyze, deconstruct, and critique media texts and institutions and how to create, share, and collaborate using various forms of media. This program of study, located in multicultural and media-rich San Francisco, provides students with dynamic opportunities to study and create media.
Cypress College, Cypress, CA, US, English/Liberal Arts