Product Development and Marketing Professional with a passion for the furniture industry.
Strategic thinker, problem solver with strong technical skills, extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes, and ability to interface seamlessly with finance, sales and operations.
Hospitality Furniture, Contract Office Furniture, Outdoor Furniture, Exhibit Systems
Product management, Brand Identity, market research, competitive analysis, product development, sales forecast, profit and loss analysis, green design, cost reduction, process improvement, standardization programs and ADA design specifications.
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suite; AutoCAD Mechanical; Autodesk Inventor ; Ashlar-Vellum Cobalt; HTML, Windows, and Macintosh operating systems; Accountmate.
DatesWeiser Furniture, Buffalo, NY, US, Product Line Manager
• Design, engineer, and develop new product lines
• P & L responsibility for new product lines.
• SWOT analysis
Creative Wood, Oakland, CA, US, Engineer
• Engineered custom office furniture for production and supervised construction.
West Coast Industries Inc., San Francisco, CA, US, Sales, Marketing & Design Director
• Hired, trained, and managed sales reps.
• Managed Marketing and Customer Service Departments.
• Increased hospitality product sales 35% by restructuring core products.
• Standardized and managed quoting process for custom banquettes.
• Created Contract Office Furniture program increasing sales 10%.
• Worked with hospitality clients: Starbucks, Harrah’s, Stations Casino, Pete’s Coffee, Carolina Medical Center, Univ. of Washington, and numerous others.
• Designed & engineered products, reviewed customer designs, handled product development, coordinating all areas of the company including manufacturing.
Self Employed - Marketing & Product Development, Norwalk, CT, US, Owner
• West Coast Industries: Training Tables
• Alltrista Thermoformed Products: Lightweight Banquette Table
• Robbins Tesar: Exhibit System, Xtensis™
Information Networks, Wesport, CT, US, Sales & Marketing Director
• Managed sales staff of 3 and 2 telemarketers for a software startup.
• Designed websites, software user interfaces, and wrote software manual.
Howe, Trumbull, CT, US, Corporate Marketing Director
1996-1998: Corporate Marketing Director
1994-1995: Corporate Marketing Manager
1993: General Manager Hardwood Visuals, (division of Howe)
1991-1992: Program Manager
• P & L responsibility for $47 million of product sales.
• Re priced and set engineering standards 50,000 SKUs.
• Achieved 15.7% pretax corporate profit before taxes and charges.
• Managed cross-functional team of operations, finance, sales, and product development.
• Created 5 new sales divisions to improve market penetration, increasing sales 10% in each division.
• Created brand identity program.
• Managed $5M sales and marketing budgets.
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, US, Bachelors, Architecture
Concentration in design and engineering