Master of Architecture graduate from a highly reputed graduate level program of architecture, Washington University in St. Louis. This degree, along with my Bachelor of Science degree in Urban Planning from Arizona State University, which enabled me to gain a deep understanding of the manner in which urban planning and architecture work together.
My current and past employment provided me with a wide range of working experience including educational, residential, commercial, mixed-use, sustainable design, millwork, and urban design projects. Along with 10 years of experience, I am well-versed in current technology and architectural software programs such as Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp. In addition, I have a strong background in creating physical models with a variety of materials, and I enjoy a personal hobby of photography, particularly panoramic views and historical sites. I believe this combination of training and interests allows me to be very effective in my work.
Currently, I am pursuing a registered architect licensure with 100% NCARB Architectural Experience Program/Intern Development Program hours completed.
Objective: to obtain a professional position in the field of architecture, urban design or urban planning, merging creativity with my artistic and visual skills.
Marvel Architects, New York, NY, US, Junior Architectural Designer
- Aided team working on Gallaudet University International Design Competition as one of four finalists, focusing on DeafSpace Design, using my experience of living with a profound hearing loss as well as my exposure to deaf culture to enhance our design plan.
- Prepared Bedford Union Armory project in Brooklyn from preliminary design stage to construction phase with the use of Revit and manufactured physical model. This project is featured in an article: AIA New York Chapter's Oculus Fall 2016 Issue.
- Devised America Media Offices layout by arranging rooms and furniture in both Schematic Design and Construction Documents phases on an aggressive schedule.
Domash DESIGNSOURCE, Saint Louis, MO, US, Project Designer
- Rendered multiple 3D models utilizing Revit to allow for clients to better visualize proposed design.
- Organized Schematic Design and Construction Documents; including demolition, new work, finish, electrical, and reflected ceiling plans, elevations, sections and details drawings for 50+ office space projects (1,000 to 20,000 square feet).
- Formulated Plat Book for 50+ projects for real estate leasing team as overview for future tenants, creating floor plans, calculating usable/rentable square footage.
- Visited 20+ office spaces taking wall measurements, calculating placement of power, voice and data outlets, ceiling grids and light fixtures.
Mackey Mitchell Architects, Saint Louis, MO, US, Architectural Intern
- Assisted in developing the design of the West Campus Housing project at Texas A&M University.
- Produced Revit families of curtain wall and rearranged the facade on the floor plans of the George Warren Brown School of Social Work Expansion at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Edited light fixtures, cabinets and window pockets in the Construction Documents phase of the Simon Hall Renovation project at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Created Revit models of existing structure and sanctuary for the Basilica of St. Louis, King of France paving the way for the CityArchRiver project.
- Implemented Starbucks and cafeteria caseworks into plans at the Bauer Hall at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Performed field investigations and created an inventory of spaces to be analyzed as part of a feasibility study at Ladue Horton Watkins High School with added beneficial experience as a former student.
- Collected essential 20+ 2013 University Student Housing statistical data, including square footage, efficiencies, square footage-to-bed ratios, and consulting teams, for Mackey Mitchell principals to view comparisons for future student housing clients.
Office of the University Architect at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, US, Architectural Coordinator
- Photoshopped rendering and finalized drawings of Block 12, including retail center, mixed-use project and future dining hall, which has now broken ground.
- Applied skateboard deterrents on three infrastructures at Nelson Fine Arts Center.
- Aided chief architect in creating Prezi presentation for large group of licensed architects in Phoenix
- Investigated 80+ major universities’ use of sustainability design, including LEED-certified buildings, for ASU President Michael Crow and will be used in his report for the future sustainable projects on campus.
- Submitted proposal for ASU’s Memorial Union Arizona Ballroom’s wall panels.
- Fabricated poster kiosk at new ASU campus, Lake Havasu.
- Rendered proposal of WP Carey McCord Hall window screens using SketchUp 3D program which will be used upon the completion of construction.
Arcosanti, Mayer, AZ, US, Construction/Architectural/Planning Intern
- Built foundation framework and poured concrete on the construction site, which eventually will become greenhouse.
- Created a variety of third floor plans and roof styles of East Crescent Residence, remodeled kitchen community at Arcosanti Camp and devised a Heat Duct Tunnel using Revit Architecture program.
Urban Design Department at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, US, Urban Design Intern
- Examined the water crisis for the city of Flagstaff.
- Drafted design of condominium typology in urban subcenter of Tempe.
- Cooperated with real estate developers and devised plans for “The Grand”, including residential and commercial properties for the Salt River Project.
Obermeyer Design, Santa Monica, CA, US, Architectural Intern
- Constructed physical models for a client’s Malibu residence.
- Utilized Rhino 3D program in preparation for model construction.
Oklahoma City Planning Department, Oklahoma City, OK, US, Urban Planning Intern
- Gained experience working with urban planners on a daily basis for the City of Oklahoma City
- Developed skills using the GIS program of the City of Oklahoma City.
- Researched the Eastside Reinvestment Area, Harrison-Walnut Urban Removal, gentrification, eminent domain, OKC Farmers’ market, green developments, affordable housing, and economic development in and around Oklahoma City.
- Design input on newly renovated Oklahoma City’s downtown Bricktown riverwalk area which is now a vibrant town.
- Analyzed options for the new I-235 highway in Oklahoma City, which was completely realigned to accommodate growth.
Mackey Mitchell Architects, Saint Louis, MO, US, Architectural Intern
- Generated interior room layouts for Maryland School for the Deaf, using the AutoCAD program.
- Collaborated on renovation and revitalization of Old North Saint Louis mixed-use as part of “city beautiful” theme.
- Participated in the design of dormitories at Washington University in St. Louis, currently in use.
Washington University in St. Louis, Saint Louis, MO, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, US, Bachelors, Bachelor of Science in Planning
- Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List, six out of eight semesters
- Scholarships: Lucille B. Abt, Sertoma Club and Sun Devil