Master of architecture graduate at one of the nation's most highly reputed graduate schools in the subject of Architecture, Washington University in St. Louis. This school offered me an excellent education and experience within the field of architecture. Raised in the St. Louis area, the program focused strongly on what was familiar territory for me, while providing exceptional understanding and distinct knowledge of the architecture in St. Louis. In addition, this program offered a wide variety of semester abroad options, including my choice of traveling to Barcelona and Buenos Aires, affording me unique experiences of rich architecture cultures outside the United States.
Currently, I am working in a temporary capacity as an Architectural Coordinator at Arizona State University and am seeking a permanent job position in the field of architecture.
Objective: to obtain a professional position in the field of architecture, urban design or urban planning, merging creativity with artistic and visual skills.
Office of the University Architect at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, US, Architectural Coordinator
- Photoshopped rendering and finalized drawings of Block 12, including retail center, mixed-use project and future dining hall, which has now broken ground.
- Applied skateboard deterrents on three infrastructures at Nelson Fine Arts Center.
- Aided chief architect in creating Prezi presentation for large group of licensed architects in Phoenix
- Investigated 80+ major universities’ use of sustainability design, including LEED-certified buildings, for ASU President Michael Crow and will be used in his report for the future sustainable projects on campus.
- Submitted proposal for ASU’s Memorial Union Arizona Ballroom’s wall panels.
- Fabricated poster kiosk at new ASU campus, Lake Havasu.
- Rendered proposal of WP Carey McCord Hall window screens using SketchUp 3D program which will be used upon the completion of construction.
Arcosanti, Mayer, AZ, US, Construction/Architecture/Planning Intern
- Built foundation framework and poured concrete on the construction site, which eventually will become greenhouse.
- Created a variety of third floor plans and roof styles of East Crescent Residence, remodeled kitchen community at Arcosanti Camp and devised a Heat Duct Tunnel using Revit Architecture program.
Urban Design Department at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, US, Urban Design Intern
- Examined the water crisis for the city of Flagstaff.
- Drafted design of condominium typology in urban subcenter of Tempe.
- Cooperated with real estate developers and devised plans for “The Grand”, including residential and commercial properties for the Salt River Project.
Obermeyer Design, Santa Monica, CA, US, Architect Intern
- Constructed physical models for a client’s Malibu residence.
- Utilized Rhino 3D program in preparation for model construction.
Oklahoma City Planning Department, Oklahoma City, OK, US, Urban Planning Intern
- Gained experience working with urban planners on a daily basis for the City of Oklahoma City
- Developed skills using the GIS program of the City of Oklahoma City.
- Researched the Eastside Reinvestment Area, Harrison-Walnut Urban Removal, gentrification, eminent domain, OKC Farmers’ market, green developments, affordable housing, and economic development in and around Oklahoma City.
- Design input on newly renovated Oklahoma City’s downtown Bricktown riverwalk area which is now a vibrant town.
- Analyzed options for the new I-235 highway in Oklahoma City, which was completely realigned to accommodate growth.
Mackey Mitchell Architects, Saint Louis, MO, US, Architect Intern
Washington University in St. Louis, Saint Louis, MO, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, US, Bachelors, Bachelor of Science in Planning
- Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List, six out of eight semesters
- Scholarships: Lucille B. Abt, Sertoma Club and Sun Devil