I am a LEED accredited, California licensed architect with over 30 years experience in architectural design and construction. I uniquely combine the technical expertise of a seasoned professional with the management, administrative, analytical, and leadership skills that come from obtaining an MBA from one of the top business schools in the world. Having been associated with a number of large architectural and engineering firms on a variety of high profile projects, I have the skills and knowledge necessary to keep your projects on schedule and within budget.
With superb creative design skills, a well-rounded background in the construction process, and knowledge of building systems, building codes, sustainable design, and energy conservation, I am capable of solving complex design and construction issues to meet today's increasing social and environmental demands and bring your clients' visions to life.
Strong technical skills permit me to save you time and money, increase efficiency and productivity, and reduce errors and omissions that can lead to costly mistakes, schedule delays, angry clients, and lawsuits. I can also save you money with knowledge of the 179D Tax Credit available to designers of governmental buildings.
My project management and team building skills permit me to build trust and confidence, reduce frustration, and promote teamwork among all project team members. These skills also produce better communication, improve productivity, and increase overall effectiveness of the entire team.
My extensive knowledge of design and construction allows me to guide your clients and end users through the entire design and construction process. By providing superior customer service, effective communications, and a willingness to go the extra mile, I can foster an atmosphere of professionalism, confidence, attentiveness, and reliability with your clients. This also permits me to build strong and lasting client relationships that will pay dividends long into the future.
My work experience includes healthcare, education, commercial, financial, industrial, high and low rise multi residential, single family residential, retail, communications, entertainment, health clubs, detention, data centers, aviation, tenant improvements, and mixed-use. I also have experience with projects having high security and redundant systems and have worked in all types of construction.
Major projects in California include
• American International's Production Facility in Van Nuys.
• American International's Warehouse Facility in the City of Commerce.
• AT&T's Web Hosting Facility in Redwood City.
• The Athens Sheriff Station in South Los Angeles.
• Antelope Valley Hospital's Business Services Center in Lancaster.
• Bank of America's Central Cash Vault Relocation in Los Angeles.
• The Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in Rancho Cucamonga.
• Bank of America's ATM & Proof of Deposit Centers in Los Angeles and Brea.
• The Bin Laden Residence in Agoura.
• The Chaminade Chapel Remodel in San Fernando Valley.
• The Doolittle Theater Remodel in Los Angeles.
• El Dorado Elementary School's Modernization Project in Lancaster.
• The Embassy Suites Seismic Upgrade in Downey.
• Fisher's General Offices & Warehouse in Canoga Park.
• The Greater Los Angeles Veterans Center in West Los Angeles.
• Harbor College's Physical Education Wellness Center in Wilmington.
• The Home Dialyses Center in La Habra.
• Harbor UCLA Medical Center's Surgery/Emergency Department Addition in Torrance.
• The Independence Maintenance Facility in Independence.
• The KTM Sportmotorcycle Facility in Temecula.
• The Mckinley Place Low Rise Condominium Complex in Sacramento.
• The Park 5th High Rise Luxury Condominium, Hotel, and Retail Complex in Los Angeles.
• The Pollock Wells Water Treatment Facility in Atwater Village.
• Port of Long Beach's Security Command Center in Long Beach.
• Rolling Hills Preparatory School in San Pedro.
• The Saint Agnes Medical Center Renovation in Fresno.
• The Stone Canyon Pumping Station in Los Angeles.
• The Sundance Sunset Cinema in Los Angeles.
• Toyota's Data Center Expansion in Torrance.
• The Van Norman Chemical Depot in Sylmar.
• Ventura College's Advance Technology and General Purpose Classroom Building in Ventura.
• Ventura College's Health Science Center in Ventura.
Major projects outside of California include
• Charles Schwab's Backup Data Center in Chandler Arizona.
• The 1st Express Remittance Processing Center in Phoenix Arizona.
• Level 3's Web Hosting Facility in Portland Oregon.
As a dedicated, hard-working, and self-motivated professional capable of working alongside other team members in all aspects of design, production of contract documents, and construction administration, I can assure that projects meet their planned goals and objectives.
I have attached a copy of my resume that highlights my qualifications, experience, knowledge, and expertise in architecture and project management along with samples of my work for your review.
Though I prefer to stay in the Los Angeles area, I am willing to relocate if necessary. I am also willing to travel both domestically and internationally for extended periods of time.
I believe that my unique combination of professional experience, business background, and education makes me well qualified for a mid to upper level position and I am confident that I will become a valuable asset to your organization. I look forward to talking with you and your selection committee further on how I can help meet your business goals and objectives.
Richard Hall, AIA Architect, South Gate, Owner, Principal Architect, Consultant, Owner-Builder
• Responsible for providing design and complete architectural, project management, construction administration, consultation, and inspection services along with senior level technical support and guidance to upper management and colleagues and performing accessibility, constructability, and QA/QC reviews for myself and other companies such as CPAC Designs, Parsons Brinckerhoff Disaster Services, URS, LPI, and SBI Group.
• Assisted in providing program and construction management services for projects at Santa Monica College that included reviewing drawings and specifications, instructional bulletins, supplemental instructions, and RFI responses by architects and consultants along with schedule of values, baseline schedules, requests for payments, and proposed change orders for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with construction documents and contractor submittals. I also documented daily construction activities and progress.
• Projects include:
1) $11.2 million, 137,000 square foot, 6-story, Santa Monica College’s Advanced Entertainment and Technology Campus Parking Structure, Santa Monica, California.
2) Santa Monica College’s Bike Parking and Temporary Modular Offices, Santa Monica, California.
3) Santa Monica College’s Health / Physical Education / Fitness & Dance Building, Santa Monica, California.
4) Provide home inspections of dwellings damaged from natural disasters for FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program (IHP) using FEMA’s ACE3 computer program.
CPAC Design, La Habra, CA, US, Principal Architect
• Responsible for developing proposals, project plans, and time and cost estimates; supervising the development of contract documents; providing site investigations, code analyses, construction administration services and senior level technical support and guidance to upper management and colleagues; performing accessibility, constructability, and QA/QC reviews; and reviewing, correcting, and developing office standard details and specifications.
• Projects include:
1) $2.0 million, 20,000 square foot, 2-story, Sundance Cinema's Sundance Sunset Cinema Renovation, West Hollywood, California.
2) $400,000, 2,650 square foot, Home Dialysis Center, La Habra, California.
URS, Los Angeles, CA, US, Senior Project Manager
• Responsible for supervising staff and consultants; providing construction administration services, code analyses, and senior level technical support to upper management, colleagues and staff; managing the design of projects and the development of contract documents; and performing accessibility, constructability, and QA/QC reviews.
• Projects include:
1) $253 million, State of California's Greater Los Angeles Veterans Centers in West Los Angeles, Ventura, and Lancaster, California.
2) $1 billion, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority's San Diego Airport Landside Improvements, San Diego, California.
3) Embassy Suites' Seismic Upgrade Project, Downey, California.
Leo A Daly, Los Angeles, CA, US, Senior Project Architect / Project Manager
• Responsible for supervising both staff and consultants; administration of contracts, budgets, and project performance; managing the design and development of construction documents along with the conversion of a set of construction documents to a set of criteria documents, or bridging documents; providing code analyses and senior level technical support to upper management, colleagues, and staff; performing accessibility, constructability, and QA/QC reviews; and reviewing, correcting, and developing office standard details and specifications.
• Projects include:
1) $1 billion, 1.2 million square foot, 76-story, Houk Development Company's Park Fifth High Rise Luxury Condominium, Hotel, and Retail Condominium Complex and 2-story, Sales Office containing two, full scale, residential model units within an existing 1-story space, Los Angeles, California.
2) $344 million, 190,000 square foot, 8-story, Harbor UCLA Medical Center’s Emergency and Surgery Department Addition, Torrance, California.
3) $59 million, 89,403 square foot, 2-story, Ventura College’s Advanced Technology and General Purpose Classroom Building and Health Science Center, Ventura, California.
4) $24 million, 47,000 square foot, Harbor College’s Physical Education Wellness Center, Wilmington, California.
5) $22.6 million, 41,750 square foot, County of Los Angeles's Athens Sheriff Station, Los Angeles, California.
Richard Hall, AIA Architect, South Gate, Owner, Principal Architect, Outside Consultant
• I worked as an outside consultant providing complete design, architectural, project management, construction administration, and consultation services for a number of firms in the Los Angeles area including Nadel; Perkowitz + Ruth Architects; Lockwood Greene Engineering and Construction; RBB Architects; and Bryant, Palmer, and Soto.
• Responsible for supervising both staff and consultants; administration of contracts, budgets, and project performance; managing the design and development of contract documents, programming and schematic design packages, master plans, and entitlement documents; providing code analyses and senior level technical support for upper management, colleagues, and staff; and performing accessibility, constructability, and QA/QC reviews.
• Projects include:
1) $35 million, 185,000 square foot, 2-story, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, Rancho Cucamonga, California.
2) 16,536 square foot, 2-story, LEED certified, Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles Security Command and Control Center, Long Beach, California.
3) 43,533 square foot, 2-story, Antelope Valley Hospital's Business Services Center, Lancaster, California.
4) $120 million, 230,000 square foot, Saint Agnes Medical Center’s North Wing Expansion, Fresno, California.
5) 51 acre development for Rolling Hills Preparatory School, Marymount College, an unidentified homeless shelter, and a reserve for protecting the endangered Palos Verdes Blue Butterfly, San Pedro, California.
6) 27 acre, Rolling Hills Preparatory School's 50-year master plan, San Pedro, California.
7) $1.3 million, 7,000 square foot, Josephson Residence, New Port Beach, California.
8) $6.8 million, 46,000 square foot, 2-story, KTM's Motorcycle Maintenance and Testing Facility, Temecula, California.
9) 256 unit, Mckinley Place Low Rise Condominium Complex, Sacramento, California.
Flewelling and Moody Architecture, Pasadena, Project Architect
• Responsible for managing staff in the development of construction documents and performing accessibility, constructability, and QA/QC reviews.
• Projects include:
1) $3.3 million, El Dorado Elementary School Modernization Project, Lancaster, California.
Western Carlson Associates, Inc., Costa Mesa, Senior Project Architect
• This design-build firm specialized in the design and construction of critical facilities through the United States with short design and construction schedules. I was responsible for supervising both staff and consultants; managing the design and development of contract documents, programming and schematic design packages, and complete security systems; and providing design, construction administration, and relocation services.
• Projects include:
1) $47 million, 314,600 square foot, 2-story, 10-month design and construction schedule, Charles Schwab's Backup Data Center, Chandler, Arizona.
2) 25,000 square feet, 2-story, AT&T's Web Hosting Facility, Redwood City, California.
3) 3,000 square foot, Toyota’s Data Center Expansion and Remodel, Torrance, California.
4) 200,000 square foot, 5-story, Level 3 Communication's Web Hosting and Telecommunication Facility, Portland, Oregon.
5) 12-month design, construction, and relocation schedule, Bank of America’s Central Cash Vault Relocation, Los Angeles, California.
6) Bank of America’s ATM and Cash Processing Centers and Proof of Deposit Centers in Los Angeles and Brea, California.
7) 34,000 square foot, First Express' Remittance Processing Center, Phoenix, Arizona.
City of Los Angeles, Department of Water and Power, Los Angeles, CA, US, Licensed Architect, CADD Manager, Senior Drafting Technician
• Responsible for the design of projects, managing the production of contract documents, supervising and coordinating consultants, developing schematic design packages, and the building of scaled models. I also became CADD Manager and developed office standards and procedures and incorporating them into AutoCad using Lisp routines, macros, and script files.
• Projects include:
1) $3.8 million, DWP's Pollock Wells Water Treatment Facility, Atwater Village, California.
2) $ 2.2 million, 11,110 square foot, DWP's Van Norman Chemical Depot, Sylmar, California.
3) $146,000, 1,950 square foot, DWP's Harbor Internal Combustion Enclosure and Storage Facility, San Pedro, California.
4) $1.9 million, 14,760 square foot, DWP's Independence Maintenance Facility, Independence, California.
5) $70 Million, DWP's Stone Canyon Pumping Station, West Los Angeles, California.
R.F. Hall and Associates, Downey, CA, US, Owner and Principal Architect
• Opened and managed a small design firm for eight years where I employed as many as eight people along with outside consultants. During this time, we obtained a 95% customer satisfaction rating had the reputation of producing high quality design and construction documents with minimal plan check corrections and few RFIs during construction.
• As an outside consultant, I managed the architectural department for Donald DeMars International.
• Projects include:
1) American International's Production Facility, Van Nuys, California.
2) American International's Warehouse Facility, City of Commerce, California.
3) Chaminade College Prep High School's Chapel Remodel, West Hills, California.
4) Chemco Pest Control's Corporate Office Building, North Hollywood, California.
5) James A. Doolittle Theatre's Interior Remodel, Los Angeles, California.
6) Fisher's General Offices & Warehouse, Canoga Park, California.
7) Westlake Sporthouse, Agoura, California.
Pepperdine University, Culver City, CA, US, Masters, Business Administration
I have taken courses in Human Behavior in Organizations; Statistics and Research Methods; Price Theory and Industrial Policy; Accounting for Managers; National Income Policy and Corporate Responsibility; Managerial Finance; Quantitative Methods; Investments; Marketing Management; Legal, Political, Ethical, and Regulation Issues of Management; Organizational Theory and Management; and Business Strategy.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, BArch, Architecture
I have taken courses in Graphics, Structures, System Design Methods, Construction Materials, Introduction to Environmental Design, Environmental Design Fundamentals, Introduction to Urban Planning, Human Factors, Applied Digital Computers, Environmental Design Science, Problem Solving, Architectural Practice, Stress Lab, Photo Presentations, Barrier Free Environment, Architectural Design, Building Support Systems, Professional Practice, Introduction to Landscape Architecture, and History of Architecture.
Moorpark Community College, Moorpark, CA, US, Architecture
I have taken courses in Heat, Sound, and Optics of Modern Physics; Human Communications; Safety and First Aid; Principles of Biology; Principles of Micro-Economics; Architectural Drawing; Introduction to Speech; U.S. History; Applied Differential Equations; Computer Programming; Computer Solutions to Engineering Problems; Calculus with Analytical Geometry; Electricity and Magnetism; American Government and Politics; Social Problems; Color and Design; and Mechanics of Solids and Liquids.