After receiving my Computer Graphics degree (and Office Management/ Administration), I have focused the majority of my professional development on marketing studies, PowerPoint presentations (To view my ppt. portfolio, please visit www.wix.com/mfrye1/ritafrye-ppt-page), web and graphic design. However, my work history consists mainly leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to C-level executives. I see this as strength because office management, sales, marketing, and customer service are linked through their many similarities; they all share a common focus on consumer patterns, customer needs fulfillment, and business growth as the ultimate goal.
ZeroChaos Workforce Solutions, Orlando, FL, US, Office Proffesional Consultant (Temp Assignments)
Industries Worked: Financial/Banking; Non-Profit; Transportation/Logistics; Government; Education
• Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of office administrative duties, including managing and planning all aspects of administrative office management, hands-on technical experience, good work ethic and attention to detail, billing/invoicing, vendor management, human resources, expense reports, customer care, time management, database administration, and project/program support.
• Liaison to property management
• Coordinated and implemented facilities related procurement and billing.
• Provide office move coordination and handled basic office functions around office supplies, recycling, vending machine services, water filtration management, waste management etc.
• Coordinates maintenance and repairs of the facility, office equipment and janitorial /day-porter ser-vices.
• Liaised with and formed effective relationships with bankers’ clients, business partners, senior political leaders, board members and their executive assistants to facilitate business transactions with ease.
• Managed AP/ AR, GL, and invoicing for firm, wrote checks, and opened client escrow accounts with banking facility.
Freelance/Self-employed, Long Beach, CA, US, Freelance PowerPoint Specialist
Skills: Track record of highly successful Power Point presentations, directory advertising, brochures, direct mail, convention material, e-mail headers and animated web banners. Ability to work directly with senior executives on all kinds of presentations: Sales decks, investor presentations, keynote presentations, internal/employee presentations, general marketing presentations, etc. Creating and updating PowerPoint slides according to company templates. This also involves reformatting PowerPoint slides and information from another company's presentation to fit their template design and structure.
• Kaiser Permanente Hospital: Re-vitalized Power Point presentations, branding, headlines and company art.
• Century 21 and RE/MAX: Collaborate with Century 21-Long Beach/Los Angeles branches to capture homebuyers with targeted ads.
• NYK Logistics (Americas) Inc.: Saved a high profile account from trying competitors. Created a keynote presentation, 4-color brochure, convention posters, ads and brochures, exceeding client expectations. Earned the Gold Award from one of the largest global leaders in transportation, logistics, freight, forwarding, and supply chain and several other awards for outstanding business achievements and artistic creativity.
• Los Angeles County of Education: Increased awareness via PowerPoint presentation /service promotions.
• Daylight Transport: Created project status and monitoring system to track and monitor progress and timelines for several multi-million dollar marketing projects streamlining the flow of information.
• Ford: Reduced document generation and turn-around time by 90% by designing templates that automated high document production.
• Los Angeles Universal Preschool-Un Mundo de Amigos: Applying and maintaining company identity and branding standards. Assisting with daily departmental tasks and maintenance in print and web mediums. This process triples the number of enrollments.
• RBC Capital Markets: Compile data and collaborate in the production of client updates, presentations, website content, white papers and other marketing materials (including proofreading)
• 7UP Dr. Pepper Snapple Bottling Group: Create presentation on a list of projects and publication to a shared site. Capture notes, group create different levels of presentations.
• Long Beach Unified School District: Leading the design effort for the department, creating brochures, presentations, white papers and other materials.
Daylight Transport, Long Beach, CA, US, Executive Administrative Assistant (Sales & Marketing)
(Laid-Off Due to Company Downsizing)
• Contributed to the prosperity of Transportation Company by providing direct support to CEO and Sales Executives.
• Optimized executives’ time by scheduling meetings and conferences, managing complex calendars, screening email, and arranging flawless travel and meeting itineraries. Managed coordination of correspondence and ensured all deadlines were met.
• Designed template to automate creation of land use applications and related correspondence, resulting in quicker turnaround time from request by 90%.
• Facilitated smooth workflow by interacting with clients, architects, engineers, municipal officials and their executive assistants. Keen understanding of the roles and responsibilities of each party; utilized industry knowledge and sound judgment to schedule meetings as needed for project completion.
• Provided exemplary client services by interviewing clients, receiving retaining payments, conducting research, and discerningly handled customer issues to solve client problems.
• Saved $20,000 annually and simplified contract management by centralizing multiple vendors nationwide
• Approve contractor ads for financial reimbursement, track contractor allotment based on program per-formance and ensure the proper use of logos and brand guidelines.
• Carefully monitor communications response data and other performance and marketing metrics.
• Establish and maintain a centralized archive of presentations, marketing materials and communica-tions that is accessible to various functional groups internally.
• Coordinate the production and distribution of various communications with outside vendors, such as printers and mail houses, to meet their designated due date.
• Create and distribute rollout communications for program updates, product enhancements, direct marketing programs and sales tools.
• Assist in financial responsibilities: estimating, billing, reporting and invoicing for marketing fees and expenses, cooperative advertising requests and documentation.
• Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary; assist in pipeline/forecast preparation and management; prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
• Manage sales territories, reallocate sales quotas accordingly, sales contact lists; review, audit and pro-cess expense reports with accuracy and efficiency.
7UP DrPepper Snapple Bottling Group, Vernon, CA, US, Administrative Sales Analyst - Contract Only
(Contract-to-Hire; client was unable to offer FTE employment due to slow 2nd Qtr. sales)
• Managed Regional Vice President Sales and Marketing, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Branch Managers and Key Account Managers’ calendars by setting appointments using Outlook for easy reference, reminding all executives of appointments on a timely basis to ensure commitments are met.
• Originated and prepared all correspondence including marketing letters, bid proposals, purchase orders, and change orders.
• Issued bid packages and architectural drawings to subcontractors for the construction, reconstruction, and demolition of commercial property.
• Communicated with clients, vendors, and perspective clients to answer questions that propel the project forward and assist in bringing in new business.
• Made continuing comparisons between both operational and key account projections vs. actual performance; and prepares reports showing deviations.
• Supply and assist Account Managers and Area Managers with financial and budgeted information vs. plans.
• Prepared and furnished reports, graphs, charts to show company business plans and reviews;
• Interface with Area, Branch and Key Account Management regarding key sales and financial elements
• Developed, analyzed and maintain financial proform for sales forecasting, gross profit, and promotional strategies.
• Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
• Develop and implement records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program.
• Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
NYK Logistics (Americas) Inc., Long Beach, CA, US, Executive Administrative Assistant to CEO/COO
(Laid-Off Due to Company Merger)
• High-profile executive-level administrative position supporting CEO, COO and all Senior & Japanese Executives including (SVP Sales/Marketing, VP Human Resources, CIO, CFO, SVP Logistics, VP General Counsel, President Transportation, & CIO)
• Managed time allocation for all executives by meticulously coordinating meetings, appointment, and events.
• Utilized expertise and sound judgment in handling competing priorities. Ensured seamless travel experience for executives by arranging complex international and domestic travel arrangements and itineraries with commercial travel vendors.
• Coordinate with Support Center to report technical, facilities and other related problems along with follow-up.
• Performed periodic analysis of all vendor performance and contracts.
• Reviewed vendor bills for discrepancies and analyzes for cost reduction.
• Established and maintain communication w/ General Counsel’s/Legal Department follow-up, chronological, working and legal department files as needed to provide an appropriate audit and/or history trail so that historical data can be retrieved quickly and easily .
• Monitor monthly spending, coordinate plan, equipment changes, and order new service/equipment in accordance to employee requisitions and departmental requests. Recommend/implement measures to reduce costs.
Brooks College, Long Beach, CA, US, Computer Graphics
Advertising, Design Studies, Digital Media Production,
Graphic Design, Layout Design, Color Correction, Industrial Design Technology, Interior Design, Residential Design, Digital Illustration, Dreamweaver, Flash & Typography, Web Design, Advanced Power Point Presentations
Long Beach City College, Long Beach, CA, US, MOUS
Arkansas Northeast Community College, Burdette, AR, US, Office Management and Administration
Business Basics, Interpersonal Relations, Office Procedures I - Front Office Skills, Office Procedures II - Project Management, Office Technology, Internet Basics, Record and File Management, Using Resources and References, Math for Office Professionals, Written Communication Skills I & II, Note Taking Techniques, Office Management, Legal and Ethical Issues for the Office Administrator, The Financial Side of Office Administration, Integrated Computer Applications, Database Management, Word Processing, Business Correspondence: Forms and Formats, Spreadsheet Fundamentals, Create Professional Spreadsheets, Create Professional Presentations, and Pulling It All Together: Practicum
Mississippi County Community College, Cape Girardeau, MO, US, Office Technology and Communications
• Provided insight into the many facets of the automated office: Learn the basics about common business machines and the technology used for telecommunication, whether you become a telecommuter or your client's telecommute. And also learned how businesses network computers, transmit information via wireless technology, and implement videophones and conference calls.
• Internet Basics and Microsoft Office Applications: Worked with the internet, the World Wide Web and email. Foundation of knowledge about internet terminology and the components of a website. Learn about computer privacy, security and ethical issues. Advance courses in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Integrated Computer Applications: Learned how computers can manipulate graphic elements, drawings, charts and graphs-the additions that make your documents come to life.
• Database Management: Provided insight into the most common features and functions of database management programs.
Gold Award, 1st Place
Earned the Gold Award from NYK Logistics (Americas), one of the largest global leaders in transportation, logistics, freight, forwarding, and supply chain and several other awards for outstanding business achievements and artistic creativity.