I am most interested in how design can help us, as a society, find solutions for a variety of problems our cities, suburbs, and town face today, including but not limited to the impact of massive environmental disruption, decentralized cities and lack of efficient public transit, health concern in interacting with hazardous building materials, inefficient energy use, and lack of affordable housing.
I have had a few years of experience in small firms and am seeking a position at a larger firm where I can be exposed to a greater variety of design and development projects, as well as, become more practiced in construction documentation and process.
PRL Architectural Aluminum Products/PRL Glass Systems Inc., City of Industry, CA, CAD Layout & Web Graphic Designer
· Collaborated with marketing manager, computer engineer, other designers, and owner to begin to update existing company website (prlglass.com) by providing necessary graphics assistance
· Organized an inventory of images: created images from 3D renderings, reformatted existing images, and took photographs of all relevant components for shower doors, railings, glass entrances
· Customized layout templates in AutoCAD for customer download by utilizing manufacturer's technical data to fit PRL products specific requirements, including placement, clearance, and other details
· Converted 2D drawings of products and systems into 3D models for lead designer upon request
Arbor Engineers LDT, Chicago, IL, US, Architectural CAD Drafter (temp.)
· Translated the architect/engineer's sketches into CAD site plans, building elevations, sections, plans, and details for construction documents on new and existing projects
· Ensured accuracy and consistency throughout drawing sets, included making all corresponding modifications of site-specific conditions of architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing details, notes, and schedules using red-lining process
· Projects included a new recycling facility, retail strip mall, and residential rehab
Yung Architects, Chicago, IL, US, Architect’s Assistant/Drafter
· Developed detailed plans, sections, elevations, schedules, legends and notes in AutoCAD for new construction and renovations of residential buildings, as well as, renovations for commercial spaces, including retail spaces, beauty salons, Asian restaurant kitchens, etc.
· Redesigned residential wood and metal porches to bring up to current city building codes
· Presented architectural drawings projects to zoning department and open-plan-review at city hall
· Recorded existing site conditions through photographs and sketches
· Worked independently on multiple projects simultaneously up to completion
· Met with clients to discuss and review project status and performed other office duties
Cedicci Interiors, Chicago, IL, Architectural CAD Designer
· Liaison between real estate developer, engineer, and contractor to discuss design proposals and review the progression of projects
· Created as-built drawings for hospitality, residential, and commercial renovations
· Proposed design alternatives for corporate suites, and created fence railing systems and main entrance for a condominium, and wrought iron decor for windows and entrance of hotel
Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA, Visual Studies
To strengthen visual communication and to continue to fine tune my artistic skills, I enrolled in Drawing I, Color & Design, and Watercolor I & II
Mount San Antonio College, Walnut, CA, US, Architecture
To sharpen my technical skill in architectural visual software I enrolled in:Architectural BIM Design (Revit) and Parametric Modeling (SolidWorks)
Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL, Art and Design
After the crash of 2008, to stay active after being laided off, explore artistic interests, and to gain further design experience I enrolled in: 3D Art, Digtal Media Design, Photography I & II, Spanish for Spanish Speakers
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, BArch, Architecture Studies
In addition to offering a rounded liberal arts education, at one of the most diverse university campuses in the country, Chicago continues to be an excellent place to study to study arts and architecture considering the critical role of of the city in the history or architecture and urban development.
The excellent staff of art and architecture professors gave priority only to aesthetics but the appropriateness and functionality of design emphasizing the development of strong graphic skills and visual presentation, basic understanding building construction and environmental impact, as well as, urban integration.
Architecture Coursework included:
Architecture Studio I, II, & III, Architecture Hand Drawing, Architecture in Computers, Structures, History of Renaissance Architecture, Design in the CIty, Design in the Environment, New Orleans Re-design Independent Study
Other Design Coursework:
Drawing, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Photography
Triton College, River Grove, IL, Architecture
To supplement my architectural drawing and modeling skills, I enrolled concurrently with coursework at UIC in the following classes: Architectural Drafting Fundamentals and Architecture Drawing and Models
HMC Architects, Scholarship
$500 Award for students seeking to become Architects.