see all...Viewing 3 out of 11 projects
My name is Rafal Wasek and I'm an architecture graduate and building project manager.
Currently I'm living in Auckland and I'm looking for a full time job in an architecture/construction company that works across the spectrum of architectural projects.
Prior to my architectural education I ran a small building business and managed project teams of 2 to 16 people. I have worked with a range of clients and I'm experienced in understanding client needs and exceeding their expectations. I have broad experience in collaborating with architects, structural engineers, builders, building suppliers and inspectors.
Studying architecture was an opportunity to further educate myself about building, particularly the process of design. I enjoy understanding the major parts of the act of building, from the first mark on the sketch pad, up to the last paint touch up. Now I seek an opportunity to put it into practice.
Self Employed, Auckland, NZ, Object designer and full time Dad
- Entered Design Institute NZ furniture competition
- Renovated family home
- Designed and built two art studios
- Designed and built objects for family and friends
- Learned to manage scarce free time as a full time Dad to preschooler
P.E.R.L.A Ltd, High Wycombe, GB, Owner / Building Project manager
- Company was focused on private housing renovation, extensions, alterations and other building work.
- Estimated project costs, wrote proposals and timelines
- Managed and coordinated teams of 2 to 16 people of diverse backgrounds and skills
- Developed and maintained good relationships with clients. All projects won through positive word of mouth
- Oversaw the end to end building work and resolved unexpected issues
- Able to keep projects on track to hit original budget
Simon Powell Ltd, London, GB, Furniture restorer and decorator
- Worked with clients to achieve desired wood finish
- Learned to appraise and restore vintage objects, such as tables, chairs, doors and wardrobes
Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland, NZ, MArch, Architecture (prof)
Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London, GB, BArch, Art, Design and Environment (Architecture)
Lublin Medicine Collage - Poland, Lublin, PL, Pharmacy
Seat Colour competition - London Olympics 2012, 2nd Place