see all...Viewing 3 out of 10 projects
Anthony Mark, working under the name Pharos Design, is an Oakland, California based Visual Effects Artist and Graphic Designer with twenty years of experience in the field.
Originally from Bayamón, Puerto Rico, he has resided in New York and Massachusetts before settling in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1998.
Anthony has worked on many motion pictures, most notably the Academy Award winning "The Matrix" and "What Dreams May Come".
Always having had an eye for Design, his professional experience in Graphic Design includes print, video, web, vinyl signage and photo retouching, to name a few. He has also had extensive experience designing marketing materials for real estate professionals.
FARWEST, Concord, CA, US, Graphic Designer/Marketing Manager
Design, execution and programming of company website in both Flash and HTML versions. Design and execution of marketing pieces for newspapers and magazines. Uniform design. Design of logos for sister company FWS Elite Event Services. Many other inhouse duties.
EVIL EYE PICTURES, San Francisco, CA, US, Visual Effects Editor
Arranged daily reviews of scenes in various stages of production. Reported directly to the Producers for review and feedback. Uploaded and downloaded files and footage to and from the studio in LA. Arranged video conferencing with studios, producers and digital artists.
• Coordinating digital dailies
• Maintaining Framecycler edits
• FTP uploads and downloads of files to and from client
• File conversions in a Mac environment
• Coordinating cineSync sessions with client
• Editing of company demo reel
ALLIANCE TITLE, Pleasanton, CA, US, Marketing Coordinator / Graphic Designer
Worked directly with County Sales Manager to design and develop in-house marketing material for sales representatives. Designed and executed marketing pieces for real estate professionals including websites, postcards, flyers and e-mail campaigns. Edited videos for Alliance Title and clients.
SOFT AIR USA, San Francisco, CA, US, Graphic Designer
Coordinated the set-up of their new in-house Graphic Design department. Working closely with Production Manager and Sr. Sales Manager, developed a budget and timeline for the new department. Assisted in hardware/software purchasing and installation. Designed and executed company website, re-design of product packaging, marketing material and in-store marketing and promotional material.
ESC ENTERTAINMENT, Alameda, CA, US, 3D Matchmover
3D Matchmover on the motion pictures "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions".
One of a team of four 3D matchmovers duplicating camera and characer moves in Maya. Reported to Visual Effects Supervisers and worked directly with Animation Supervisors and other artists.
• Camera and character matchmoves using proprietary software
• 3 Camera reconstructions and 3D models of characters
• Maya modeling and texturing of buildings for freeway chase sequence
MANEX VISUAL EFFECTS, Alameda, CA, 3D Modeler & Visual Effects Editor
3D Modeler on the motion picture "Thir13en Ghosts".
• Polygonal and Nurbs modeling and UV Mapping in Maya
• Basic expressions based animation
• Basic knowledge of Subdivision Surfaces
VFX Editor on the motion pictures "Bless the Child" (2000), "The Matrix" (2000 Academy Award Winner for Visual Effects), "Deep Blue Sea" (1999) and "Muppets from Space" (1999).
On "Bless the Child" we had 129 shots and I ran the entire Editorial department by myself. I also worked directly with the film's director, Chuck Russell. "The Matrix" had 415 digital shots, most executed at Manex, some by D-Film and Animal Logic. However all the shots came through Manex editorial.
• AVID Media Composer editing
• Coordinating digital and film dailies
• Logging incoming film, match clips and video tapes
• Maintaining Film, AVID and Beta SP continuity reels / Maintain Beta SP history tapes of shots
• Preparing editorial shot layouts for cg artists
• Beta SP and CD archiving for data outs to clients
• File conversions and file transfers in a Unix environment
• Delegating work to intern
• Designed PowerPoint presentation on the Visual Effects of "The Matrix" and edited video presentation for "What Dreams May Come" for Softimage User Group Meeting
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Communication Arts