Sales-Driven Project Manager + Senior Architectural Designer:
I am immediately available to contribute to your Team. With over 15+ years of experience in Architectural Design (AD) and Project Management (PM) of mission critical, commercial, industrial, military, public, educational, laboratory, healthcare, and residential real estate, I have the skill set to successfully drive all sales and delivery aspects of architectural and engineering projects.
Recently, I spearheaded my employer's international Design efforts for a European nation's telecommunication headquarters -- a Greenfield project whose site and base building estimated ROM costs exceeded $35 million US dollars. Serving as the Lead AD and Technical PM, I tackled project Programming and Site Selection, while managing the overall production processes of multiple offices spanning more than three countries, delivering written narratives and CAD working/plotting files for a full service A/S/C/M/EP/FP contract. The balance of my diversified portfolio includes negotiation, management, and design of real estate across identified and prospective site locations throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
My PM responsibilities included engagement formulation, fee preparation, scope and subK control, milestone and travel scheduling, deliverable execution, QA/QC, and project closeout. Elected to lead or contribute to each of my former companies’ standards committees, I invented, refined and maintained project templates (data gathering and deliverables) as an effective means to increasing project profit margins. I excel when presenting and discussing findings to project teams, clients and stakeholders. I have a proven engagement history of new and upsold work.
I am highly versed in the most efficient methods of successful project team production processes. I served as company local and corporate CAD Managers, co-authoring my offices’ corporate CAD Standards & Protocol Manuals. I programmed in LISP, customized scripts, installed software and configured a myriad of peripherals. I work interchangeably between English and Metric measurement systems; am savvy with site surveying and production of base background files; and have a portfolio of project examples from Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
Ancillary to CAD production, I am an expert in creating and discerning quantitative calculations and tallies such as BOMA, Parking, Stacking, LEED, and discipline documentation required for AHJ compliance. I possess the highest level of technical writing skills with a decade of experience authoring project BODs, PCAs and Feasibility Assessments, Studies and Opinions, and Project Specifications.
I welcome opportunities to learn new software or design methodologies to expand the capabilities I already possess. I look forward to discussing Architectural / Project Management and Sales positions with you.
EYP Mission Critical Facilities, Inc. (EYP MCF), Los Angeles, CA, US, Project Manager + Senior Architectural Designer
Full Service A/E specializing in the Planning, Design, Implementation, Commissioning and Operations of Mission Critical Facilities.
• Project work includes commercial, industrial, institutional, military, public, and laboratory
• Responsible for engagement solutions, client relationship development, project management, project design and delivery, construction administration, quality assurance, peer mentoring, QA/QC
• Defined program requirements and established code compliant design parameters based on client criteria and best practice
• Created and developed overall design concepts; formulated design presentation strategies and made presentations
• Managed overall project, cross-disciplinary design process; led/directed the coordinated work of other designers and technical staff; led QA/QC milestone reporting
• Verified design team adhered to implementation of design that ensured the clarity and quality of the concept was maintained throughout project delivery and record drawings
• Managed discipline and/or entire project scope, executing change order procedures as required
• Accurately maintained executive project document and distribution control and/or authored company control protocols
• Monitored project budget and schedule related to design team efforts
• Managed design team + client interaction and decision making
• Participated in business development activities
• Participated in local, regional, and global management activities
LCDG, Pasadena, CA, US, Architectural Designer + CAD Drafter
Full service Architecture, Planning
• Project work included commercial, public, educational, laboratory, secular, and healthcare
Alphatec, PC, Washington, DC, US, Architectural Designer + CAD / Production Manager
Full Service A/E
• Project work included federal, military, commercial, industrial, public, educational, laboratory, and healthcare
Winston Churchill High School, Potomac, MD, US, Teacher
"Architecture and Design" (11th - 12th grade elective)
• Proctored 5 classes / day, "Architecture and Design" (11th - 12th grade elective)
• Independently authored lesson plans and assigned deliverables; taught site observation and verification tactics, design, hand drafting and annotation techniques; created and executed student evaluation strategies; authored college recommendations as requested
Brighton Building Company, Hamburg, MI, US, Rough Framer + Design / Drafter
Singe-family home building General Contractor
• Designed and drafted concept plan sets for preliminary AHJ submittal
• Rough Framer, Custom Finishes Specialist
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, US, Bachelors, Architecture
School of Architecture + Urban Planning
School of Fine Art
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, US, Bachelors, Psychology
School of Literature, Sciences, and the Arts
School of Fine Art
Flexible Data Center Design + Methods of Deployment