• Directed a team in the store design and development of over 65 new retail stores throughout the country;
New York, Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Nantucket, Florida, Georgia and Washington DC.
Designing each store unique to its location and surrounding architecture. Budgets range from $22,000 – $1,200,000 with square footages from 700 sq. ft. – 10,000 sq. ft.
• Designed the exterior facade and interior of Island Restaurant, New York, NY, Budget $223,000 sq. ft. 1,800
• Redesign of the entire interior of Mezzaluna Restaurant, New York, NY, Budget $148,000 sq. ft. 1,200
• Managed 4–7 store renovation per year from schematic design to completion. Renovations ranged from exterior façade to complete interiors; annual budgets for these renovations where approximately $20,000 – $250,000 per store; Renovations and budgets varying on yearly sales and store profitability.
• As Director of Design and Construction I was responsible for the entire 78,000 sq. ft. facilities which consists of 28,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space, 10,000 sq. ft. of factory spaces, 23,000 sq. ft. of shipping and receiving space and 17,000 sq. ft. of office space with a working budget of $350,000 annually.
• Completed each projects under budget and or ready to open on or before their scheduled opening dates.
• Implemented a new maintenance program; HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Flooring and Painting to insure all existing store locations meet with J. McLaughlin standards; which saved the company over $53,000 annually.
• Saved the company over $1,326,000 with a combination of lease negotiation, store closing and/or store relocations, during a downturn in the economy; Company was still able to show overall growth for this period.
• Created and implemented new policies and procedures for the entire store development department.
• Designed and constructed new 18,000 sq. ft. shipping and receiving area for the entire company.
Location: Multiple States
My Role: Conceptual Design to competition of project location open and operatioal.