Responsible for all phases of design. Developed master plan for the adaptive reuse of 250 year old Single Sisters House to a state of the art classrooms, exhibit spaces and offices while keeping the historic integrity. The vacant building with an intact built record of its evolving occupancy offered opportunity to probe locations of former doors, stairs and windows. Throughout the building, “windows to the past” display in-situ fragments of those earlier features. Received Carraway Award of Merit from Preservation North Carolina, and Carolinas AGC Pinnacle Award for Best Building Project in 2007.
• Ensured reliable program operations to meet tight deadlines.
• Supervised efficient communication between team members to ensure satisfactory resolution of ongoing process related issues
• Planned and scheduled meetings with client and community to ensure wider participation in decision making processes
• Thrived within busy environment, requiring the ability to multitask and maintain organized computer and hard-copy files
• Developed media presentations, new tracking systems and reports that were praised for their quality, comprehensiveness and timeliness
• Work with client and contractors closely to assure smooth turnover of newly renovated space
• Participated in construction meetings.
• Supervised job sites to ensure established service levels are being met and that all work is conducted as safely as possible
Location: Winston Salem, NC.