Waibel & Associates, Entellus, and Achen Gardner had the unique opportunity as a design team: to redefine the state’s most remarkable historic corridor which connects downtown Phoenix to the state capitol building, all in time for the Arizona Centennial Celebration on February 14, 2012. Centennial Way represents a successful collaboration between the City of Phoenix, State of Arizona, and Federal Government to create a signature project which celebrates Arizona’s historic heritage and creates a positive step towards realizing the 2020 vision. The project consists of new widened decorative sidewalks, better defined decorative crosswalks, ADA curb ramps and street crossings, bike lanes, enhanced pedestrian lighting, shade trees, informational structures and other streetscape elements. A fast track schedule and design build contract made Centennial Way a reality on time and successfully.
- Created all rendered work for project from proposal to completion
- Lead in-house draftsperson
- Created marketing materials for site
- Spearheaded photo collaboration for all printed elements on project (30+ photographers)
- Designer on landscape architecture design team
- Created wayfinding signage
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US